Railroad Forums 

• DO acquisition of the TP&W

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#468512  by rrfoose

I have a question about the TPW, but since there's no forum for it, maybe someone on here would know. How much did DO pay for the TP&W back in 1989? Thanks!

#468760  by nysw3636

I believe the year was 1996, and it was only 40% of the TP&W. If memory serves, it was cash and stock valued around $2.3 million. And I believe that CSXT bought 100,000 shares of DO as part of deal.

#470256  by rrfoose

Who owned the TPW between 1989 and 1996 then? I've always heard that ATSF sold the lines in 89.

nysw3636 wrote:I believe the year was 1996, and it was only 40% of the TP&W. If memory serves, it was cash and stock valued around $2.3 million. And I believe that CSXT bought 100,000 shares of DO as part of deal.

#470271  by nysw3636

TP&W Acquisition Corporation