Railroad Forums 

• Denver's airport in relation to the RRs and Moffat volumn

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#822529  by train2

I will be flying into Denver in a month or two and I pulled out my Delorme Map book which is 1997 edition. It shows the Denver International Airport being in the first map grid page east of Denver, south of 76 and north of 70 and east of county road 79.

Is this not the old Airport? Was there not a new airport but to take its place? I assume if a ticket says Denver that means the new airport?

Before I get on the ground I want to be able to formulate my driving plans to the Moffat line. How many trains in daylight should one expect on that line?

T2
 #822934  by TB Diamond

The airport shown is DIA (Denver International Airport) which opened in the mid-1990s. The old Denver airport, Stapleton Field, has been closed, demolished and redeveloped into a residential/commercial area. This facility was located to the east of Quebec. I-70 actually passed under one of the runways via a tunnel.