Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1605424  by Bracdude181

752 was left at Woodhaven. In addition, there was interference on C&Ds radio channel. While they were finishing up at Woodhaven I overheard somebody say “you can go now” on their frequency which led to a bit of confusion with the crew.

I’m gonna guess the locals are behind this. Many of them carry Baofeng walkie talkies which are capable of transmitting on frequencies that railroads and Air Traffic Control use. It’s why Lakewood EMS encrypted their radio channels.
 #1605514  by CNJ Fan 4evr

OK. I have been out of the loop for a while now. What is the normal(?) operating pattern of this train now ? Do they still bring cars down to Red Bank via NJCL on Thursday afternoons ? I have vacation this week and wanted to make my annual trip down to the coast line/southern secondary. I normally tried to work in the CSAO deal when I was in the area. Now that Chesapeake & Delaware ,or whatever they call themselves, are running it, I need to know if it worth my time and ga$ money to play around with it on Thursday ?
 #1605516  by CharlieL

Apparently, CR delivers cars fro Browns yard to Red Bank (the southern) on Monday and Thursday. They are picked up there on Tuesday and Friday mornings by D&RR early, and carried to their destination. The return trip with previous run's empties occurs the same day, late morning to early afternoon. They seem to be shaking this out, so there may be changes in the schedule.
 #1605519  by Bracdude181

CharlieL is correct.

Monday and Thursday SA31 drops and picks up cars at Red Bank.

Tuesday and Friday, RB-1 takes them down the Southern.

Monday and Thursday, JB-1 goes to Freehold.

Both C&D crews sign on at or before 7 AM.

Depending on how they decide to do it, RB-1 may come out of Lakewood and turn at Red Bank. This has only happened once so far. All other trips have been from Red Bank to Lakewood and back.

The Southern Secondary uses C&D 2005 and BDRV 752 as power. The Freehold Industrial currently has BDRV 1888 assigned to it.

On the Southern they leave one engine in Lakewood, on Woodhavens siding. Right now it’s 752 down there, and 2005 is in Red Bank.

Hope this helps.
 #1605535  by planespotting

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:30 am CharlieL is correct.

Monday and Thursday SA31 drops and picks up cars at Red Bank.

Tuesday and Friday, RB-1 takes them down the Southern.

Monday and Thursday, JB-1 goes to Freehold.

Both C&D crews sign on at or before 7 AM.

Depending on how they decide to do it, RB-1 may come out of Lakewood and turn at Red Bank. This has only happened once so far. All other trips have been from Red Bank to Lakewood and back.

The Southern Secondary uses C&D 2005 and BDRV 752 as power. The Freehold Industrial currently has BDRV 1888 assigned to it.

On the Southern they leave one engine in Lakewood, on Woodhavens siding. Right now it’s 752 down there, and 2005 is in Red Bank.

Hope this helps.
Only piece missing is when does SA31 run from Browns to Jamesburg to interchange with the Freehold Industrial? I'm guessing Tuesday and Friday mornings?