Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1605242  by Bracdude181

JohnFromJersey wrote:There's some serious traffic going through Lakewood at that hour, as seen in your video @ppbhist

In addition, we have our answer as to why DRRR leaves an engine in Woodhaven - makes last-minute return runs much easier, and you don't have to switch out cars.
Even so, I wonder why they didn’t just bring the train down from Red Bank with 752. Maybe 752 had a problem?
 #1605254  by Bracdude181

@CharlieL To my knowledge the empties are still at Brick. Maybe they are trying different methods but this one was very strange.

When they have more than 8 cars they won’t be able to fit them on Bricks siding. That amount easily fits at Cross Street or on the Lakewood Team Track.
 #1605293  by Bracdude181

Sometimes they will do this this thing where they don’t order anything for a while only to get one big shipment all at once, but never this big. Biggest train in years on this line. All active customers are getting at least one car from this train except for E.H. Allen.

Wondering how the only 1750 HP GP10 the line has right now will handle this load on the grades. Might get some Notch 8 action!
 #1605338  by RailsEast

jdh823 wrote:Saw someone post online that they had 14 cars today. Interesting.
Everyone stocking up before the railroad strike.

(So don't forget that extra 12-pack of Charmin TP on your next grocery run...don't say I didn't warn you)