Railroad Forums 

• defect detectors on the nysw

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#478842  by amoreho1

were the detectors put in during the conrail era or did they come post conrail?

#478929  by Steve F45

the one thats up near spart was put in this year. the one down in little ferry i have no idea.

#479097  by washingtonsecondary

The little ferry one was de-activated a few years ago.

#479397  by Steve F45

washingtonsecondary wrote:The little ferry one was de-activated a few years ago.
was in use back in february or march whenever those CSX detours were.

#480877  by NaDspr

The detectors on the Northern Division were put in during the NYS&W days (post 1982) after they got the lines from Conrail.

Little Ferry had a westbound high car detector that I think was put in service in late 1985 or '86 after the stack trains started running in the fall of 1985.

#481296  by amoreho1

NaDspr wrote:The detectors on the Northern Division were put in during the NYS&W days (post 1982) after they got the lines from Conrail.

Little Ferry had a westbound high car detector that I think was put in service in late 1985 or '86 after the stack trains started running in the fall of 1985.
anyone have any pics of this "high car detector"

#481329  by Cameo

Steve F45 wrote:
washingtonsecondary wrote:The little ferry one was de-activated a few years ago.
was in use back in february or march whenever those CSX detours were.
not sure why but little ferry (11.1) still goes off now and then when it wants to. think there is a minimal train length it will sound for. not sure.

#484618  by kingfish

I will check with the "man" and report back.

:-D