Railroad Forums 

• Current Power

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#48871  by Tadman

If the SD70's are leased, the SD45's retired, and the Dash 8's sold, what is NYSW running these days? I heard they lost some business when Conrail split up, but it sounds like those GP18s are the only thing left. Also any word on why the E9's are leaving? I'm guessing a cash shortage.

#48877  by metman499

They have some ex-SP sd40-2t's as well as at least one ex NS sd40, some gp20s and at least one gp40. They also have an NW2 in O&W paint.

#48912  by cjvrr

In addition they have reactivated one SD-45, they have two GP-18's on line with the third nearing completion of getting a new prime mover. They have 4 tunnel motors total, and two or three ex NS high hood SD-40s. Also some ex Guilford lease (HATX) units are running the system.

Chris

#49296  by trainfreak

I have a question about the E9's. If i remember right not so long ago they were in work train service on the Northern Division. Are they still on the property or have they left?
 #50717  by Don

Last I heard they were in the Utica shops & up for sale.
Don

#50855  by O-6-O

Today 9/7 I saw 2402 on the shop lead on the west side of the shop.
the 2400 was not seen out side so I assume it's in the shop but cannot
confirm this. I'll keep an eye peeled for it.

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

#59320  by Legio X

On the Alco board there's a post about NYSW leasing some six axle Alco's. Why no word about this on this board?

#59327  by trainfreak

Yeah word is there will be three ALCo's coming and the NYSW is also re-leasing two of the B40-8's.

#59361  by SRS125

whats the deal with all of the Bangor & Aroostook Geep's in Utica did NYSW buy them or are they working on them for some one else?? and for who?

#64470  by bar358

The B&A GP's are in storage pending sale or lease. They will prob. stay around for awhile since the owners are asking much more than the units are worth.

Matt
 #100368  by BridgeportSub

Who Currently Owns these BAR GP38s that are on the NYSW? Does Iron Road still own them or what.

Have heard some of these units are bound for the new Watco operation in West Virginia, the Appalachain & Ohio Railroad.

Chris Strogen

#100439  by ANDY117

2402 is down here in bingo. They have 5 Cartier MLW 636's. I have seen so far 77, 78, and 45.