Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#661430  by buddah

love the blues brother's CTA scenes. Well to bring this topic out of the dead a recent movie with good semi accurate CTA scenes is "Eagle Eye" in 2008. I love the scene were Shia LaBeouf jumps off the L train as it passes the platform.

Re:

#664626  by R36 Combine Coach

Blutorse4792 wrote:Spiderman 2 has a major fight on board of some retired 3200 cars posing as NYCTA :wink:
2200-series cars actually here, being a set pieces as a BMT "R" train.
 #664660  by oknazevad

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
Blutorse4792 wrote:Spiderman 2 has a major fight on board of some retired 3200 cars posing as NYCTA :wink:
Which, of course, is a route that doesn't have any elevated sections whatsoever. My only problem with the movie.
 #664770  by orangeline

oknazevad wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:
Which, of course, is a route that doesn't have any elevated sections whatsoever. My only problem with the movie.
A minor technicality, but at one time the R (maybe it was still the RR?) did run elevated on the Astoria, Queens BMT line.
 #664800  by R36 Combine Coach

The R ran to Astoria until 1987, when it swapped with the N (mainly to allow yard access at Jamaica). The R (RR pre-1985) still occasionally runs to Astoria due to construction, GOs and emergency diversions.
 #664983  by buddah

yup our 2200 series cars here in Chicago are quite unique, cant mistake them anywhere, with there corrugated bottom half and there folding ( Blinker ) doors. I dont believe NYC ever had any transit cars in long term operation that had folding doors. everything I know of seems to be sliding doors in NYC.

2200 series are famous as they were used in eagle eye as well as spider man....

Can anyone remember the steven sagal movie that had him running from CTA train to CTA train ? using some 2000 series and 1-50/6000.
 #665010  by R36 Combine Coach

buddah wrote:yup our 2200 series cars here in Chicago are quite unique, cant mistake them anywhere, with there corrugated bottom half and there folding ( Blinker ) doors. I dont believe NYC ever had any transit cars in long term operation that had folding doors. everything I know of seems to be sliding doors in NYC.
New York never had any folding doors. The CTA is probably unique in using them on heavy rail.
 #690961  by Septaman113

buddah wrote:yup our 2200 series cars here in Chicago are quite unique, cant mistake them anywhere, with there corrugated bottom half and there folding ( Blinker ) doors. I dont believe NYC ever had any transit cars in long term operation that had folding doors. everything I know of seems to be sliding doors in NYC.

2200 series are famous as they were used in eagle eye as well as spider man....

Can anyone remember the steven sagal movie that had him running from CTA train to CTA train ? using some 2000 series and 1-50/6000.

The Steven Seagal movie you're thinking of is " Above The Law" which came out in 1988. That scene was filmed at the Damon station on the Blue Line on Milwaukee Ave.