Railroad Forums 

• CSX trentonline 2nd track-manville-sunnymeade

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1056914  by ccutler

Rode my bike through Manville today...no new construction evident on the CSX line yet. I did however see a CSX freight jamming up one of the main tracks in Bound Brook, waiting for 2 trains to exit the old Reading line.
 #1078182  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:CSX rail train with engine 6915 dropped rail on either side of the single main West/South of the Royce Creek bridge yesterday afternoon.

Joe
Bridge work is finished on the new track section of the Royce Creek bridge.

Sub ballast is laid down on it and it looked like work was being done on the new track switch at Port Reading Jct.

Joe
 #1078342  by wolfboy8171981

No work is needed at CP-Port Reading jct. When Conrail reconfigured CP-Port Reading Jct three years ago they built the connection to the proposed new Trenton line track with switches through the entire interlocking. ALL work is on CSX property.
 #1078431  by JoeRailRoad

wolfboy8171981 wrote:No work is needed at CP-Port Reading jct. When Conrail reconfigured CP-Port Reading Jct three years ago they built the connection to the proposed new Trenton line track with switches through the entire interlocking. ALL work is on CSX property.
Vincent,

I know about the new switch for the new track to the CSX West Trenton Line.

If you remember I sent you some pictures of the switch taken from the Bridge Street bridge.

I couldn't see PR Jct. that well from Kyle so I couldn't tell exactly what was being done there.

Joe
 #1093018  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:CSX rail train with engine 6915 dropped rail on either side of the single main West/South of the Royce Creek bridge yesterday afternoon.

Joe

Sub ballast is laid down on it and it looked like work was being done on the new track switch at Port Reading Jct.

Joe
Progress on the second track as of Thursday.

Grading has been done and sub-ballast and ballast put down from the switch at Port Reading Jct. to just North of the Bridge Street bridge.

Joe
 #1096929  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:

Joe

Joe
Progress on the second track as of Thursday.

Grading has been done and sub-ballast and ballast put down from the switch at Port Reading Jct. to just North of the Bridge Street bridge.

Joe
Ties and rails are being put down from Port Reading Jct. to just South of Manville's Bridge Street bridge.

Spiking of the rails has gotten almost as far as the bridge.

Joe
 #1097003  by pumpers

RailsEast wrote:A quick visual update from Manville.....

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3242818
http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3242860
Looking south in the 2nd picture, it looks like in the distance you can see the 2nd track already layed coming north (from Sunnymeade?), perhaps as far north as the walking overpass by Greaseheimer St. Is that really the case? JS
 #1098255  by JoeRailRoad

The new track is going to be the new single main & the current main will be the passing siding.

A new power switch was installed just north of the Royce Creek bridge, on the new track, to connect with the current main.

After the new track is completed the old main will be taken out of service to do repair work on the East side of the Royce Creek bridge.

The new switch will facilitate entry to Manville yard.

Joe
 #1158030  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:The new track is going to be the new single main & the current main will be the passing siding.

A new power switch was installed just north of the Royce Creek bridge, on the new track, to connect with the current main.

After the new track is completed the old main will be taken out of service to do repair work on the East side of the Royce Creek bridge.

The new switch will facilitate entry to Manville yard.

Joe
A new powered switch replaced the hand thrown one at Kyle.

I don’t know if it is controlled by the dispatcher or if it is remote controlled.

The crossover track hasn’t been connected from the West track to the East track, just West/South of Kyle, as of yet.

Joe