Railroad Forums 

• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1606708  by johnhenry

RJ Corman has been back at it on the Worcester line this week, working west installing new continuous 136lb rail. This afternoon they were almost to the upper part of Thomas Basin, part of the Wachusett Reservoir. By tomorrow, asuming they are working and at the recent pace, they should be out on the reservoir causeway by Oakdale. They are now replacing older welded rail (vs stick rail that was in other parts of the line). They have panels staged at the crossing that have been passed (from Clinton west) but have not yet re-done the crossings.
 #1606727  by mrj1981

Apparently OT-1 brought 25 gondolas loaded with new ties up to Keag today, joining a cut of gondolas already there. I would surmise that CSX intends to install them before the cold sets in.

Curious if there is a rule of thumb about how far a tie gang can go in a day? There may only be, what, 60 working days before the ground freezes up that way? CSX will have to work diligently to get them put in in time - but I have no doubt they can.
 #1607523  by NHV 669

CSX has apparently installed a Defect Detector around MP 8 at Bagley Mountain Rd in Lincoln, and another is marked for install at "Greenbush" MP 31.39.

Lots of ties being dropped on the Keag line.
 #1607679  by fromway

With all the improvements coming to the Keag line, will CSX run all the way to SJ or will they interchange with NBSR? The Keag will become a busy place with CP and CSX competing to get into SJ. Mr. Irving is loving it, I am sure.