• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by DRay

Yeah they had my SNN number wrong too. They had my phone number as my SNN. But it all worked out, as we also crossed them out and put the real SNN number in during my physical.
  by Jon Doe

So my class isnt gonna start till November 16th. We got things figured out and I wish I would of called sooner so I could of still got my September class. Whatever...looks like Im gonna have to wait it out.
  by devionx

I got my long-awaited phone call on Tuesday from the medical department. I'm qualified and good to go for the REDI center on 26 Oct. I haven't received the official letter, but the medical department said I was updated in the system on the 17th of Sept. That's good enough for me. Now, where's my itinerary?
  by carson

Just wandering if you are at REDI center over Thanksgiving and Christmas? I will be going soon and was just wandering.
  by biscuit

devonx when did u take your physical/strength tests? i took mine 3 weeks ago tomorrow and have not heard a word! i just need/want to know anytime now!!
  by jmox

I too am just waiting for Medical clearance. The wait is the toughest part. Its been two weeks since i had my physical and strength test.. The HR lady told me that i would be at REDI Oct 12th.
  by C130Mech

jmox wrote:I too am just waiting for Medical clearance. The wait is the toughest part. Its been two weeks since i had my physical and strength test.. The HR lady told me that i would be at REDI Oct 12th.

I am in the same boat. Just waiting on the call. Was told that I would start REDI on the 12 as well.
  by C130Mech

jmox wrote:C130Mech what position are you going to REDI for and where are you from?
Conductor. I am from atlanta.
  by jmox

Well i am definitely going to be at the REDI Center on Oct 12th. I have just received my much awaited phone call today. I feel so blessed, I owe it to this website and all you railroaders from all the forums. From the day I applied through the intial hiring session, to the interview, the questions, what to expect at my physical and at the strength test, and of course the waiting.... but now that I have finally got word ,and I am so happy !!! THANKS so much to evryone who posts on the website for all the help and information!!!!
  by devionx

biscuit wrote:devonx when did u take your physical/strength tests? i took mine 3 weeks ago tomorrow and have not heard a word! i just need/want to know anytime now!!
I can't remember the exact date anymore but I'm sure my tests were right around the end of August/first of September. They were a week apart. I was medically cleared on the 17th of September. But, had I not had an issue with my physical and had to stay in touch with the medical department, I'd still be in the dark about whether or not I passed. I did email HR this morning and got a response that said that they were currently processing the 10/12 class and that they would be in touch with me soon. So, I take that to be good news and I'm just going to have to be patient and wait my turn.
  by biscuit

I emailed the HR lady a couple days ago and she said the same thing that you just put above......i passed my tests as well and she said she would be contacting me soon with final arrangements.....but until i get my flight ticket im just waiting it out......good news for us :-D
  by DkKnight

Hey all - it is funny how when they want to get things done quickly they can and other times it just drags on with no word or anything.
I will be at REDI starting 10/6 for Dispatcher the 3 to 11pm training shift - Staying at the Ext Stay 2225 Interstate North Parkway.
I decided to drive down to be able to have my truck with me to get around if needed.
I am still trying to find out about the facilities and surroundings near the hotel and I will post updates as I am down there.
Good Luck to you all.

DK
  by devionx

Does anyone have any idea what kinds of things we're supposed to bring with us to REDI? I can see from the less than two weeks notice that the 10/12 class got, that if I need something like a specific style of steel toe boots or anything like that, I'm going to be scrambling to get it at the last minute. I'd like to have a heads up about that so I can scrape together the finances to go out and buy it and not show up to class short-handed.