Railroad Forums 

• CSX Framingham, MA

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1547689  by johnpbarlow

Trainman101 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:27 pm Q436 q437 These come directly from Sherklink? Anyone know the approx times they come to and from Framingham (id like to take some pictures, I live near Framingham thank you).

And how many cars are typical?
I don't know anything about Q436 arrival from Selkirk but about 2 weeks ago, Q437 departed Framingham around 1pm.
 #1553766  by WorldwideRailfan (Youtube)

Update of all trains that serve Framingham 10/1/20

B722 - Turn Manifest (Daily) [Worcester - Framingham]
B724 - Turn Manifest (MON-FRI) [Framingham - Leominster]
B725 - Turn Manifest (MON-THU) [Framingham - Attleboro]
B731 - Turn Manifest (MON-FRI) [Framingham - Readville]
Y101 - Morning Switcher (MON-FRI) [Framingham - Framingham]
Y102 - Morning Switcher (SAT-SUN) [Framingham - Framingham]
Y120 - Turn Power Move (As Needed But Usually Daily) [Worcester - Framingham]
Y121 - Evening Switcher (MON-FRI) [Framingham - Framingham]

Q436 has been cut to Worcester. B722 takes it's cars to Framingham and takes what used to be Q437's cars to Worcester. Those cars go on Q427 and sometimes Q115 to Selkirk. That's right. Q436 still runs but Q437 was abolished.

B725 no longer runs on Fridays.
 #1553853  by Knucklehead

WorldwideRailfan (Youtube) wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:23 pm Update of all trains that serve Framingham 10/1/20

Q436 has been cut to Worcester. B722 takes it's cars to Framingham and takes what used to be Q437's cars to Worcester. Those cars go on Q427 and sometimes Q115 to Selkirk. That's right. Q436 still runs but Q437 was abolished.

B724 has been running six days a week recently: Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday they handle the traffic on the north end of the line (Bestway Lumber in Sterling and new recycle center in Leominster); and Monday/Wednesday/(most) Fridays (extra crew?) (Safety Kleen and Ken's foods in Marlborough and NewCorr in Northborough)
 #1553865  by F74265A

Does Teknor Apex In Leominster still get service? They used to get tank cars and I think covered hoppers
 #1553885  by johnpbarlow

WWRailfan - do you know if Q436 road power is used on B722 to Framingham and return? The Q437 that used to depart west from Framingham has been long and heavy with C&D loads. Also, as I'm guessing that B722 handles the G&U interchange, does Selkirk create a G&U block? Thanks.
 #1553993  by SpiderHill

Knucklehead wrote:
WorldwideRailfan (Youtube) wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:23 pm Update of all trains that serve Framingham 10/1/20

B724 has been running six days a week recently: Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday they handle the traffic on the north end of the line (Bestway Lumber in Sterling and new recycle center in Leominster); and Monday/Wednesday/(most) Fridays (extra crew?) (Safety Kleen and Ken's foods in Marlborough and NewCorr in Northborough)
I don't think any of this information about B724 changes is correct. I saw them on the way back to Framingham in the Berlin area on Friday and just heard them in the Clinton area a little while ago (Sunday). I do believe that CSX has been running six days all the way to the C&D facility most days the last few weeks.
 #1554058  by Knucklehead

SpiderHill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm
Knucklehead wrote:

I don't think any of this information about B724 changes is correct. I saw them on the way back to Framingham in the Berlin area on Friday and just heard them in the Clinton area a little while ago (Sunday). I do believe that CSX has been running six days all the way to the C&D facility most days the last few weeks.
I have been observing their consist for weeks as they head north through Southborough, and the pattern is that they have cars for Bestway and C&D on Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday, and on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, the have cars for Safety Kleen, Ken's Foods and NewCorr. I believe they to at least Clinton, if not all of the way to Leominster all six days. I am not sure if Teknor Apex an active customer.
 #1555387  by troffey

Isn't Y120 the crew that takes PanAm interchange traffic Barbers to Ayer and back?
 #1561217  by roberttosh

What train switches Westborough/G&U?
 #1564244  by Boatsmate75

what time does B724 depart Framingham? trying to catch them up in Clinton and Beyond. I assume its about 2-3 hours to get to Clinton.

Thanks in advance
 #1564435  by Knucklehead

Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday they go through Northborough about 1330 heading north. Those days they do not switch the south end of the line. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the time varies depending on the switching at any of the industries in Marlborough and Northborough.
 #1564444  by F74265A

Is the Leominster c&d place still generating high volume? Are they served 3 days per week or 6?
 #1564608  by SpiderHill

Today I heard them go through Bolton Station (Clinton town line) intersection at 2:30pm today. I saw your post and noted the time to reply. I did not hear them return. This is in the general time frame they arrive for the last few months. I'm not around weekdays anymore so I don't catch the trip north. I do sometimes catch the trip back south after dark during the week. Last Sunday I caught the return south and there were 12 C&D, two center beams, one tank, and one covered hopper. I am thinking Teknor Apex might have got a switch. Last time I was up that way, Teknor Apex had cars at their facility.