Railroad Forums 

• CSX Fitchburg Secondary Discussion

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1315912  by frrc

Sprinter611 wrote:B724 with 6204 & 6230 with 5 gondolas 10 tanks & 2 lumber are tied down at Clinton 2100hrs
Arrived Leominster 02/04/2015 at 1700 hours, departed Leominster at 19:10hours.

JoeF
 #1318648  by Sprinter611

Sorry for the long absence of posts as I've been busy. Friday's B724 arrived at Clinton around 6:30pm and ended up tying down on the siding with CSXT 6218 & 6224 and lots of tanks. This train is still currently tied down at Clinton as of Sunday Night. These storms have been messing around with the operations on the Fitchburg Sub!
 #1318779  by SpiderHill

I am doing this from memory, but I believe that is only the fourth train since the flanger came through and only two have gone further than Clinton. North of Clinton the rails have stayed cover from the last two snow falls. I do know that the last two Fridays they have tied down at Clinton siding. That is very unusual as they usually don't leave a train there over the weekend. The train was still there on Monday at 3pm when I went by and hasn't gone further north as of 7pm. Bestway has a couple empty center beams that have been there a while.
 #1319410  by SpiderHill

I saw them run twice this week. They tied down on Tuesday at Clinton siding. On Wednesday they ran north with just one tank. Not sure who would be getting that. I did not see them going back. They did not pick up the two empty centerbeams at Bestway.

They ran today. All tanks and lumber. They dropped six centerbeam loads at Bestway and picked up the two empties. They then backed the train to Clinton.

They still are back to normal but they seem to be getting there.
 #1321609  by Sprinter611

I have been busy so there hasn't been as much sightings. Anyway all weekend there has been a cut of cars for Reisners sitting on the siding at Clinton. Still there as of 0600hrs today.
 #1323156  by frrc

Drove by Leominster yard this morning, 3 hopper cars on the South end of the yard, same ones that were there last week. Usually there are a lot more cars in the yard.

JoeF
 #1328180  by Knucklehead

I noticed two long sections of rail and several ties have been unloaded at several grade crossings on the Fitchburg Sub. It appears as if they will be replacing the rail and ties at the crossings.

Anyone have any word if any other improvements will be done on this dismal-looking line besides replacing the grade crossings?
 #1329304  by frrc

Drove by Leominster yard today, no action, nothing new apart from 2 hopper cars in the yard, same as a few weeks ago.

JoeF
 #1330134  by frrc

They are working on grade crossings in the Lancaster area, specifically the Rt. 62 crossing and others in the area as of last week.

JoeF
 #1334221  by christopher1

Hello,
I work adjacent to the reservoir in Soutborough on Rte 9. B724 passed by me this afternoon around 1:10pm with two covered hoppers, about five tank cars, three box cars, and what looked to be 3-4 loaded centerbeam flats.
 #1334835  by christopher1

Today's B724 passed the Sudbury Reservoir in Southborough at 1:05pm. I was too far away to get the engine numbers, but looked like two GPs leading followed by 2 bathtub gondolas (unsure if loaded), 12 tank cars, 2 50' boxcars, and 6 loaded centerbeam flats.

Chris
 #1336656  by jaymac

Probably not enough to get things back to 25-mph, but there were some bundles of ties at the Linden Street, Berlin, crossing ~0700/06-22-2015 and 1 length of stick rail sitting on top of new loose ties nears the Main Street, Southboro, ~1130.
 #1336662  by frrc

jaymac wrote:Probably not enough to get things back to 25-mph, but there were some bundles of ties at the Linden Street, Berlin, crossing ~0700/06-22-2015 and 1 length of stick rail sitting on top of new loose ties nears the Main Street, Southboro, ~1130.

CSX is in the process of rebuilding grade crossings along the Fitchburg Secondary track, remainder of track still is at 10mph speed limits...

JoeF
 #1337758  by frrc

The local is back servicing Leominster, arriving around 03:00pm, and departing around 05:00pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

JoeF