Railroad Forums 

• CSX Boston And Albany Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1167616  by Eaglefan9727

Hi there -

I am new to this forum, But I am not new to railfanning. I have been a railfan for over 30 years. However, I am new to railfanning in New England as I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. This coming weekend, I am planning my first trip to the CSX Boston And Albany Line between West Springield, Ma to Becket, Ma and I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good spots that I could go to between those 2 locations. I have no desire to hike into any locations, So the locations would have to be car friendly. I have read up on the Chester area which is one spot that I am planning to go to while I am up in the area, But I am trying to figure out how to get to The Caboose at Middlefield as that is one location I would like to shoot trains from. I also would like to know the scanner frequency for that part of the line, So I can listen to the scanner while I am up there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Eaglefan
 #1167780  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Eaglefan9727 wrote:Hi there -

I am new to this forum, But I am not new to railfanning. I have been a railfan for over 30 years. However, I am new to railfanning in New England as I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. This coming weekend, I am planning my first trip to the CSX Boston And Albany Line between West Springield, Ma to Becket, Ma and I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good spots that I could go to between those 2 locations. I have no desire to hike into any locations, So the locations would have to be car friendly. I have read up on the Chester area which is one spot that I am planning to go to while I am up in the area, But I am trying to figure out how to get to The Caboose at Middlefield as that is one location I would like to shoot trains from. I also would like to know the scanner frequency for that part of the line, So I can listen to the scanner while I am up there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Eaglefan
Check the CSX forum. We've got a B&A thread: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 53&t=53736.
 #1167801  by MEC407

Topic moved to CSX forum.

-New England forum mod