Railroad Forums 

• CSX 6438

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1530235  by Pensyfan19

I remember back in September there was an image of GP40 numbered 6438 painted completely blue with white lettering, and looked like a Pan-Am locomotive. I have heard for the most part that this image might be fake, but does anyone know if CSX will be using any paint scheme like this soon, and if that image was real or not?
 #1530274  by jwhite07

Sleuthing available online CSX rosters and other sources do not give any indication of a special paint scheme for this unit. It should be noted that this locomotive is paired with Road Slug 2264, made from a GP30 carbody. The most recent roster data I found (per the CSX Locomotives Facebook group) does not list this particular GP40-2/Slug set as retired yet, but there have been a fair number of retirements of these sets in the recent past, and it appears that when the slug gets retired, its "mother" Geep does too. Disposition to "usual suspects" - Progress Rail, LTE, etc.