Railroad Forums 

• Critter questions

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#2251  by caboose

Does anyone know when MDC`s Critter will be released?It was supposed to be in hobby stoes in Nov. 2003,then in Feb. 2004,and now I don`t know. :)

#2918  by Phil Hom

With the MDC web site telling people to go to your dealer to reserve one, maybe MDC is looking for a magic number to start molding. The ConCor ElectroLiner died due to lack of reseverations.

And they say guys don't want to make commitments

#3192  by Xplorer2000

That Electroliner( a very neat Idea, I thought , anyway...) probably died because of the bloody exhorbitant price they were asking!!! What was it...$329.00 or so??? Even for a rare prototype.... thats just bloody extortion. No wonder thay didn't have many takers.They have a Zephyr trainset coming soon" too, don't they?? Lets see if that ever sees light of day.Hopefully the " Critter" does better....
 #3345  by caboose

I think it will do good.If your someone like me who has a small layout where runaround and switchback space is limited,this tiny engine is a great choice.