Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1600542  by Bracdude181

I don’t know if the train has gone back yet or when it will. Most likely this will be the last daylight return. Might depend on how next week plays out.

@JohnFromJersey They ran late this week cause the regular engineer is on vacation. They couldn’t find a fill in. Not sure if the regular guy will be back in time for the final run. I would imagine that if C&D is indeed starting on July 1st then getting the train back next Thursday will be paramount.
 #1600545  by Bracdude181

If July 1st is when they get going then they will almost certainly be bringing an engine with them. Question is, where are they dropping it and what engine?

I can’t be the only one who wants BDRV 1888 on the Southern!
 #1600602  by Bracdude181

Confirmed the train is still at Woodhaven. Engine is running, no crew in sight.

6242 is making an unusual noise that sounds like bad roller bearings. The noise is eminating from a device on the rear of the engine that looks like a compressor. There also appears to be a substantial oil leak. The fuel tank and the area surrounding it appears to be covered in oil as well…

Unsure when they will go back. SA93 would’ve been on duty by now so if they go back later it might be under PR-11. Theres a catch that that though, as a big oil train came in to Port Reading last night and I’m not sure if that’s been sorted yet. PR-11 also might have to take OI-16 to Browns later…

Edit: PR-20 or 21 could do it if they have a crew, and also depending on what they are potentially doing later. If they go back Monday, expect SA31 or PR19 to do it.
 #1600611  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote: Unsure when they will go back. SA93 would’ve been on duty by now so if they go back later it might be under PR-11. Theres a catch that that though, as a big oil train came in to Port Reading last night and I’m not sure if that’s been sorted yet. PR-11 also might have to take OI-16 to Browns later…

Edit: PR-20 or 21 could do it if they have a crew, and also depending on what they are potentially doing later. If they go back Monday, expect SA31 or PR19 to do it.
PR-20 and PR-21 are Mon-Fri.
Big oil train was two trains run as one, first train was spotted by JR-05.
 #1600613  by Bracdude181

Ahhhh okay. Didn’t know 20 and 21 are weekday crews. I’m hearing PR11 is supposed to take the other train and do something with it tomorrow night?
 #1600619  by cx4storm

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:51 pm Also can anyone confirm the train went back? I heard it might have gone back this afternoon…
I'm decoding HOT packets every 2 minutes, and have been or 2 days now.

I heard the Coast Line dispatcher call PR11 on 161.235 (AAR 075) few minutes ago (1835 Hrs. / 6:35 PM). They mentioned something about BANK. I could only hear the dispatcher. There's a lot of radio activity going in here, so I missed some of it.

Jersey Mayhem.
 #1600629  by Bracdude181

@cx4storm Did you detect any movement and does anyone perhaps know what the PR 11 did? Because if they didn’t go pick the train up in Lakewood then they either did a PTC test train or they went and picked up the broken train cars in Red Bank.

Edit: Would’ve went to find out for myself but went with my father to see Top Gun Maverick. Late Father’s Day outing. The info you provided was posted literally as soon as the movie started. Bad luck on my part 😤😤😤
 #1600636  by RailsEast

Reports have the PR crew with CSX 4421 in Lakewood now to assist the train back to Browns tonight.
 #1600639  by cx4storm

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:35 pm @cx4storm Did you detect any movement and does anyone perhaps know what the PR 11 did? Because if they didn’t go pick the train up in Lakewood then they either did a PTC test train or they went and picked up the broken train cars in Red Bank.

Edit: Would’ve went to find out for myself but went with my father to see Top Gun Maverick. Late Father’s Day outing. The info you provided was posted literally as soon as the movie started. Bad luck on my part 😤😤😤
I was only decoding HOT Packets earlier. They don't transmit motion data. I'm decoding EOT packets. They ARE indicating movement NOW. (2325 Hrs. / 11:25 PM)

It's unfortunate I was unable to hear what PR11's intent was. As you can see form this image, things can get somewhat hectic in here, and I miss things sometimes.

Attachments:
IMG_20220626_232209930_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20220626_232209930_HDR[1].jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 558 times
 #1600643  by cx4storm

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:36 pm Thank you Railseast and CX4. Hunting down the train right now.
You're welcome. If I'm hearing packets, it's somewhere between Woodhaven and Old Tavern Rd. in Howell.
Last edited by cx4storm on Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.