Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1583739  by Bracdude181

@CharlieL Many companies have looked at the economic uncertainties of this line and backed out of any sort of takeover attempt, and that’s despite that fact that some of those companies had enough money to fix what’s broken down here and do at least some form of improvement.

As for my opinion on C&D running things, maybe it’s best if I don’t discuss that. Not yet at least.
 #1583750  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:@CharlieL Many companies have looked at the economic uncertainties of this line and backed out of any sort of takeover attempt, and that’s despite that fact that some of those companies had enough money to fix what’s broken down here and do at least some form of improvement.
Name them!
 #1583760  by JohnFromJersey

CR7876 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:49 pm
Bracdude181 wrote:@CharlieL Many companies have looked at the economic uncertainties of this line and backed out of any sort of takeover attempt, and that’s despite that fact that some of those companies had enough money to fix what’s broken down here and do at least some form of improvement.
Name them!
Me :-D
 #1583912  by Tanker1497

So on July 1st I reported Sitting across from Freeway warehouse. On the South East side of Southward Ave. and saw what looked like rail was droped off. It turned out it was removed from between RR Ave. and Southward Ave.
None of our in the field detectives or arm chair web searches were able to find out what enterprize was paid to remove the track? ( which would of been very helpful)
That removal took place some days before July 1st and picked up afew days later so we've seen work being done...
by who remains unknown!
It has been said we would see work starting very late in the year most likely starting the begining of a month. Its November 1st boys and girls and we have only one more 1st of the month remaining! BUT!
Actually and technically we've have had work done. A strange Box/housing was placed on the nearest pole to the Fit on 524 with conduit under ground. ( was said its not RR related) But there's nothing but woods near it? The crossing at Railroad Ave. was redone. Some of the crossings along the FIT look like something is going to happen? Rail was removed and a survey was done with absolute propery corners marked. ( the trucks from freeway ran them over and there gone)The Lakehurst rail from Union Ave to Whitesville got cleared of those Pitch pines,Pinus rigida,aka NJ Scrub pines. That was completed by a private company doing tree work for JCPL? ( only a hand full of trees may have encroached on the power lines in the next 10 years!) And why clear scrub pines from center of tracks 20ft from wires 40ft in the air, unless it was RR related!
Am I doing good so far? Just trying to remember where 10 months has gone... or the last 456 pages and 286 before that. Or 17 plus years! I was 45 then and not part of this chat till 2009. But was still following the lakehurst trains weekly!
LOL!
 #1583914  by CR7876

Only people who don't know whats really happening would put hard dates down and pontificate. I think we're getting closer and closer, but every thing is currently being done behind closed doors and with lawyers. Don't look at every little thing you see along the Right of Way and over think it to mean that the end is near. The pitch pines were only cleared from Lakehurst to Ridgeway Rd. Why would the Railroad clear the half of the railroad they can't access. I'll agree the the crossings at Railroad Ave in Farmingdale and Bimini Ave in Toms River was probably a tell.
 #1583915  by Bracdude181

@Tanker1497 That’s pretty much the last 10 months summed up. Been kinda strange to see what’s been going on. I personally think that something isn’t quite right, I just can’t put my finger on it...
 #1583921  by Tanker1497

CR7876 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 am Only people who don't know whats really happening would put hard dates down and pontificate. I think we're getting closer and closer, but every thing is currently being done behind closed doors and with lawyers. Don't look at every little thing you see along the Right of Way and over think it to mean that the end is near. The pitch pines were only cleared from Lakehurst to Ridgeway Rd. Why would the Railroad clear the half of the railroad they can't access. I'll agree the the crossings at Railroad Ave in Farmingdale and Bimini Ave in Toms River was probably a tell.
Ya that's correct cleared throughtroute 571 only.! Whitesville is pretty clear with only some place between the rails all the way to Lakewood run around
 #1583938  by Tanker1497

Tanker1497 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:51 am
CR7876 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 am Only people who don't know whats really happening would put hard dates down and pontificate. I think we're getting closer and closer, but every thing is currently being done behind closed doors and with lawyers. Don't look at every little thing you see along the Right of Way and over think it to mean that the end is near. The pitch pines were only cleared from Lakehurst to Ridgeway Rd. Why would the Railroad clear the half of the railroad they can't access. I'll agree the the crossings at Railroad Ave in Farmingdale and Bimini Ave in Toms River was probably a tell.
Ya that's correct cleared through troute 571 only.! Whitesville is pretty clear with only some place between the rails all the way to Lakewood run around
 #1583997  by OportRailfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:50 pm @OportRailfan I guess so. 3266 came through Red Bank as he was starting to cross over.

Say, I’ve never seen you on this forum before. You new? If so, welcome!
Actually old.

Went away for a long time when a lot of people left the forum.

Cheers.
 #1584064  by David

OportRailfan --Great seeing you return!
 #1584085  by OCtrainguy

I took the day off from work last Thursday, primarily since the weather was the nicest during the Wed-Fri stretch and that paid off in catching the SA31. Head nice blue skies and great lighting when they came down the Church Running Track and paused for final clearance onto the Coast Line.

http://octrainguy.rrpicturearchives.net ... id=5647200

I then went to Red Bank to catch them crossing over the Navesink River, but by that time, clouds took over the western sky and I lost the great lighting I had in South Amboy. Still happy with the result though.

http://octrainguy.rrpicturearchives.net ... id=5647202

I won't be able to catch them this week and we have daylight savings kicking in early Sunday morning.