Railroad Forums 

• COVID Discussions

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1555952  by Jeff Smith

Way back when COVID became an issue, I STRESSED that it was to be discussed only as it may affect frequencies, schedules, crews, etc. i.e. railroad-related. Supposition of how the pandemic may play out, vis-a-vis vaccines, timeline, cause, etc., was requested to NOT BE DISCUSSED.

I think I did it in the general "COVID" topic in some of the forum threads, but didn't have a GLOBAL. But I think it's time to refresh.

There have been many deaths of railroad crew related to COVID. For those, of course, I offer sympathy and of course, memorials here are welcome for any railroaders or railfans who die of not just COVID, but anything.

Some of the posts I've seen are clearly more meant to reflect the writer's opinion about COVID and only tangentially RAILROAD-RELATED will in the future be summarily deleted. It's supposed to be the other way around; we're a RAILROAD FORUM.

I've let this go, because I understand the impact it's had on all of us. I try NOT to be like Zuck; speculation is okay on railroad related matters. If you want to speculate on COVID, do it on his watch.

Thanks.