Railroad Forums 

• Corona virus impacts on Amtrak

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1593601  by Railjunkie

STrRedWolf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:50 am
Railjunkie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:57 pm CSX ETT dosent list trains like the old school ETTs. Your train ID is on your paperwork which is your clearance to be on the railroad. All trains are required to call out the train ID, engine number, track and signal on CSX helps everybody keep track of each other.
I wonder if calling out the train ID, engine number, track and signal is a standard in the US. (Yes, another "for-the-book" question).

This depends on the railroad, CSX it is a requirement to call out all signals even in cab signal territory. Books such as NORAC or General Code do not require such UNLESS it is a railroad specific special instruction.
 #1593639  by lordsigma12345

Railjunkie wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:11 am
lordsigma12345 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:51 am I was aboard the train in 4812 sleeper. As Mr Norman hinted I switched to 448 coach at Albany to get to SPG. ACSES troubles with the P32?
First how was your extra hour in Albany? Still confused as to why this happened. Neither crew knew of this change till we looked at our manifest for the days trip. Time change I guess, just have never seen it done before.

The AMT#701 gave me some issues out of the gate but it cleared up after one of the "engine whisperers" showed up and basically did what I had already done. Good thing, cause there was not another to replace it with.
Was about 40 minutes. Thats too bad they didn’t tell you guys about it. I did notice it on my scheduled time on my Amtrak app that the arrival at Springfield was an hour later than normal when I booked it.
 #1593643  by west point

Certainly hope Omicron -B2k does not cause a reversion to past practices. But it could hit non vaccinated persons hard? I worry about the children under 6.