Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1482467  by b&m 1566

That's just silly, none of that is going to happen, things like that cost money. I think the surprise is the caboose on the Valley Train.
 #1483191  by NHV 669

What "other railroad's power" could y'all be possibly talking about? NHCR is the only connecting road, and they only have one unit; they need it at least up near Stratford while not making trips south to the pellet drop at Presby. SLR wouldn't think twice about it, we all know the G&W's current stance on passenger ops.

Wipe off the foam, and use a little common sense/logic here.
 #1483279  by b&m 1566

I'm pretty sure, it will be early Saturday morning before the RDC departs for Redstone. Will the freight extra be running down to Redstone/Saco River Bridge? Or is the RDC really the only schedule train to go down in the morning? This year's schedule seems really simplified. With really only the freight extra and the RDC following close behind it.
Are they no longer going to write Wheel Reports? I used to enjoy reading those.
 #1483319  by Jonathan

I agree it is simplified. I think that might be because of 1751 being out for mechanical issues. I don't think the freight extra will run down to Redstone. Also what time should I be there to see the freight extra depart?
 #1483494  by NHV 669

"*The Freight Train originates in Conway, where it will be met by the RDC, which will chase it for the rest of the day. Following demonstrations, the train leaves Conway at 12:40. There is a photo run-by at Moat Brook Bridge before the train arrives in North Conway at 1:15. More demos in North Conway, then the train travels to Bartlett and Sawyers River before returning to North Conway at 7:30." - From the CSRX site.

Doesn't help much, but I'd show up early to at least look for it ahead of time.