Railroad Forums 

• Colours for VIA Renaissance Coaches

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#704344  by timberley

And before any of you go on to criticize, I do know that the flag is too large, the VIA 1 logo is not in the right position, my stripe is not 100% straight, and there are a few spots still showing from where I filled the windows.

Like I said, it's hardly a professional job, but it's something eh?
 #704847  by buddah

Timberley ..

just a min to stop in and say its looks good! I never got around to painting my hornby models I did all the cut and slice work first to try and get the cars down to size but after all the dust settled it just didnt look right even though it was as close to scale as I could get ( so I started a autocad draft instead). I still haven't "gone Home" yet or id post you the color codes, all the same good job, we might just have to team up if I ever finish production. I'll draft and mold and you do paint and decals..lol

BUDDAH
 #705586  by timberley

Thanks Buddah and deandremouse for the positive comments!

Like I said, I'm pleased with the results, except for the fact that the scale is far enough off they look dreadful with a P42. So sad.

And again buddah, if you ever do get those drafts and molds finished, I'll be interested without a doubt. Even if you just make undec bodies, I'd buy a few to paint up and decal. I don't know if I'm ready to help with any "mass" production work though :P (heck, I might need to invest in an airbrush for that sort of work....)

Now I've got to get on with it and finish up this one, and the other 3. When (or if...hopefully when!) I finish them all, I'll put up some pics of the whole consist together, and see how that looks. If nothing else, they should look decent in "the coach yard".

Cheers!