Railroad Forums 

• CNY from bingo to port

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#322052  by Steve F45

Got this on one of the yahoo message groups.

the line east of bingo in NY state will NOT 1-revert to NS, 2-be
taken over by CR shared assets -- reason is NS has absolutely no
interest in this trackage going on to the tax rolls again - this
would happen if NS or shared assets took it over - look for a
replacement operator being named in the event WR *retires* -

#322194  by washingtonsecondary

Careful, this might be locked by the anti-rumor-mongors-who-acutally-like-rumors-but-are-afraid-to-admit-it-crowd.

#322197  by GOLDEN-ARM

This just in. "Isn't this the same topic, Charlie locked, only with a new conspiracy theory being touted?" Cite a factual source, for your comments, V-Dub, or it will be combined into the locked thread, on the exact same topic. Thanks!!! :P Speaking of "what-if's", upon Walters demise, not the stuff that makes the NYS&W forum "the" place to be. Facts please, and lots of them. We are Pro-Q here, I imagine, and that kind of stuff, isn't really helping, to add to the facts about the Q. Thanks, Dave.

#322343  by Steve F45

secondary/golden-arm. I mearly copied what was posted to me. I have no other info to share, thats kinda why i posted it hoping someone might be able to shed some light on it. Wasn't trying to start another rumor thread, this all happeend back in october with the ocs train. Everyone thought WR was done for. But nobody even knows what came out of that.

If it needs to be locked, then go ahead and lock and delete. But was hoping someone could explain this just a tad more.

#322669  by charlie6017

Thanks Golden Arm, you couldn't have put it any better. Yes, fact DOES help!

#322676  by GOLDEN-ARM

2005Vdub wrote: I mearly copied what was posted to me. I have no other info to share, .
That's kind of EXACTLY what a rumor is. "I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy......" Don't use a rumor, to try to ellicit facts. What you get, is more wild rumors, theories and outright lies.Do some digging, get a google search, and perhaps a dogpile search too, and add some fact, to the posts. Makes much more interesting reading, not having to verify a bunch of wild speculations. Some might even believe stuff like that. (or, like FM Trainmasters, buried in the ground, waiting to be dug up) How about some stuff, that sheds a positive light, on Walter, and his plight to battle against the class ones, that are slowly strangling him? Just a thought........ :wink:

#322701  by pablo

Another search engine I've started to use more lately is something called vivisimo.com. It bunches things into categories, which could help if you already have a refined topic.

My students in class use this, and it helps sometimes.

Dave Becker

#335656  by Otto Vondrak

Locked. A rumor is still a rumor if there is no fact to back it up. Even if you're just copying it from another source.

-otto-