• Clocker Coaches (Converted Sleeoers)

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Mirai Zikasu

Ah, I stand corrected. Thank you for the PRR history lesson. I always enjoy learning a bit about the Pennsy and the neighboring legacy railroads.
  by strench707

The B&O Railroad Mueseum in Baltimore, MD uses these cars on their exscursion train. They have 4 or 5 of them all in MARC Paint. The seats have the old MARC Seat Covers and everything. The locomotive is some kind of geep in Chessie paint. A fun ride and a cool way to expierence those cars. I know one car is in some red and white paint scheme as well. Maybe WM?

Anyways here's a vid of Thomas pulling the cars at the museum. Notice all of the cars have these ex-PRR Heritage Series markings towards the roofs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vMfCX3j0Y

Davis
  by octr202

I think the red & white car was painted to match the SW-1200 (I think) that they use at the museum for most service. The Chessie Geep should be the Trains' Magazine "All American Diesel" GP-38.

When I had a chance to take a tour of the restoration shop (seen in the background of that video) in August, one of the MARC cars was in the paint booth getting a B&O style blue and gray treatment, which IIRC they will all be getting as time and resources permit.
  by strench707

That would be nice to see but I hope they will let one car retain its MARC livery.

Davis