Rockport was part of the Cleveland Short Line project c. 1910 and largely replaced the LS&MS West Park Yard which then became strictly a local service facility.
Short Line Jct. was at the east end of the yard and the Tower controlled the jct. of the Big Four / CUT mainline with the CSL.
At the west end of the yard, Tk. 3 Belt which came around the north side of Rockport tunnelled under the mainline and came up on the west side and merged with Tk. 3 Lakefront at Belt Jct.
Tk. 4 Belt diverged from Tk. 4 Lakefront at Belt Jct. and stayed on the south side of Rockport.
Motor Yard was a late-1950's PRR facility to service the industrial area anchored by the Ford Motor Walton Hills plant and later the Chrysler Twinsburg plant. It is laid out on the side of a hill, and for that reason the basic yard crew was a conductor and 3 brakemen with the 3rd man running around tying hand brakes on the low end of the yard. None of the switches were "run-throughs [Racor 22's)", there were no talkback speakers, lighting was minimal, and access to and from the mains was through hand-throw croosovers with permission being obtained from the operators at Hudson and Harvard as well as the YM. Only exception was a power switch off of #1 main at the low end of the yard. It was a lousy place to work. As the industrial base expanded, Motor Yard totally replaced the former Bedford Yard.