Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#674305  by Tadman

I'm back in town, as some of you may have gathered from other posts of mine. On another forum I belong to (mechanical watches, kinda like really little locomotives...) we have local get-togethers a few times a year - anybody up for an event at a popular train-watching spot around here in about a month? A meal at the White Palace then a walk to the lake on Roosevelt over the Union Station, LaSalle, and Electric station leads? A meal at the Rail Grill then an hour or two at Blue Island? Other ideas?
 #674355  by doepack

Welcome home, Tad! :-D Yeah, I'd be game for some kind of informal get-together at White Palace, then checking out all the downtown terminals, sounds like fun. There are about five or six of us that have been posting here regularly for a few years now, and it would be cool to finally to meet some of you guys face to face. Hopefully, the rest of us will chime in, and we can make this happen...
 #674556  by byte

Go ahead and mark my presence down as being "probable."