Railroad Forums 

• Cheyenne, Wyoming Questions

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#109611  by conrail71

Hey,
My family and I will be driving to northern Colorado this week by way of Cheyenne, Wyoming. I was wondering if there was any good railroading to be seen in the area, besides the "stuffed and mounted and on display stuff". I would most like to visit the home of the UP steam program. I just wanted to know what you can see from where?

#151061  by BlockLine_4111

Looked like much activity on Saturday with the excursion steamer from Denver plus quite a few freights too. This is an All American railroading city, but a small city too.