Railroad Forums 

• CENTRAL MAINE & QUEBEC RAILWAY (CMQ) — New Owner of MMA

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1270951  by necr3849

I have pics in several of my rail books of the LMX B39s when they were brand new. Can't believe how old they are already. 8553 and 8578 visited the Searsport Branch last week. As a matter of fact, trains ran down on a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule! It was nice to see all the activity. We had seen B23-7s 2004 and 2005 like captive units for a while. 2006 snuck in there once as well. I will actually miss those B-23s once they are no more. There was also a VB caboose at Northern Maine Junction yesterday. It was hooked to a group of the 2-bay hoppers that go to the Lane Construction pits down on the Searsport Branch.
 #1270953  by CN9634

Nothing has run yet under the new owner. I'm assuming tomorrow will be the first day of real operations. The 2000 was in Millinocket today, shut down. The VB-1 was also there and had been sidelined for quite some time. Similar situation with VB-3 at NMJ. Most of the B23-7s and Dash 8s here in the states are back to Derby now with the exception of the 2000 and one B39 at Brownville. No sign of any of the GP20Ds yet, I'm expecting tomorrow.
 #1270956  by MEC407

Gilbert B Norman wrote:For what it be worth, the Gray and Red liveried GE locomotives started life on the BN along about 1982 as leased motive power.
Are you referring to the LMX 8500 series locomotives? If so, those were built between 1987 and 1988.
 #1307946  by CPF363

CN9634 wrote:A nearly $1M project involving rail in Beattie Maine (Near the border by Jackman) involving EJ Carrier Inc will bring a large spur and operation to the Moosehead. With this as well as Jackman and potentially Greenville recieving biomass for the power plant, it is certainly possible a turn job could come to the Moosehead. Perhaps a bit of luck for the CM&Q
Any new news on whether the Beattie project will materialize for the CM&Q as we near the end of 2014?
 #1443938  by NellsChoo

Not sure if this is the place to post this:

What route did CM&Q use to get engine #3816 down to White River Junction for the Glory Days event this year? I am not very familiar with trackage rights, etc getting from upstate Maine over to VT.
 #1443968  by johnpbarlow

NellsChoo wrote:Not sure if this is the place to post this:

What route did CM&Q use to get engine #3816 down to White River Junction for the Glory Days event this year? I am not very familiar with trackage rights, etc getting from upstate Maine over to VT.
Per a 9/7/17 posting by Chuck Killian on the Eastern Railroad News and Sightings facebook page, apparently VRS GP40-2LW #311 was to bring CMQ #3816 south on the WACR on the Friday NPWJ train from Newport, VT.