Railroad Forums 

• Canada Southern Website

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1307090  by NYC_Dave

I have been having trouble for over a month. Most of the time I cannot connect at all. If I do connect, I cannot download any pdf or jpg files. I get the following message:
This page can’t be displayed
•Make sure the web address http://www.canadasouthern.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.
I emailed Terry Link and he said things seems to be working properly with his website. I have had no problem using my laptop at our public library or by linking to my neighbors wireless router. The problem would appear to be with Charter cable or my Netgear50 wireless router. This is the only website I have a problem with.
 #1307181  by Backshophoss

If you have interference issues with your provider,PLUG into your router and see what happens.
Living in an apartment complex,I run hardwired to my modem,and shut down the modem's
wi-fi due to interference problems from the neighbors.
Was on the CS website ths week with no glitches.
 #1307184  by Jim Kaufman

Glad (?) to see other people are having problems with Terry Links CASO website. I too wrote Terry an e-mail and again as a poster said, he said no problems on his end. Some times I will get on, but can't access any information and/or page "freezes" and have to reset my computer (and then the wife yells at me to stop trying to access the website!)
I have Time Warner, any ideas? Thanks.
 #1307188  by BR&P

LOL! A couple hours ago, I read the above and decided to try it. I clicked on the link in the OP and it came up immediately. So I was going to post that it worked for me. But first I saw something that caught my eye, checked that out....probably spent an entire hour on the site and forgot all about what brought me there. :P SO much good info and pics there, every time I visit it' reels me in.

But yes, it's working fine from here.
 #1307199  by Backshophoss

It helps to keep you Adobe reader current,version XI is the latest,current of the Adobe reader.
 #1308383  by Otto Vondrak

Backshophoss wrote:It helps to keep you Adobe reader current,version XI is the latest,current of the Adobe reader.
Adobe Reader is just to open and view PDF's, it has nothing to do with connecting to web sites.

-otto-
 #1309226  by rlsteam

I had trouble connecting to his site a few years ago, and it turned out it was a server issue -- my provider's server wasn't seeing his server for some reason. Terry did something from his end (as I recall) and the problem was corrected.