Railroad Forums 

• Can't ID the loco

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1038642  by CPSK

Hi;
Today, on the CSX River sub in Teaneck, NJ I saw a loco that was apparently being transported by CSX to another road. Problem is, I did not get a photo, and I was not close enough to read the name on the loco. What I do know is this:
Blue and white/silver paint scheme, with what looked like the letter "A" in the logo.
Looked to be a bran-new passenger loco.
Unit was separated from the two CSX locos by a flat car.
Don't know train symbol, but it was heading north to Selkirk through Teaneck NJ at about 11:30AM on Friday, 4/20.

I am currently looking for a photo of the loco. I would definitely recognize it if I saw it again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

FW

Edit: I think this was the one: http://www.myrailfan.com/collection/AMT ... 350_bb.jpg
 #1038681  by CPSK

Chrisgr wrote:If what you saw was the one in the photo, it's AMT ALP-45DP.
That's the one. I found some YouTube videos of these locos being towed northbound on CSX River sub. Seems like there have been several since late 2011.
it's gorgeous! Wish Amtrak would change its Acela paint scheme to something like that one!

FW
 #1038689  by Chrisgr

It would have been nice if NJ Transit's ALP-45DP's had a better paint job like the AMT's.
 #1038846  by roadster

As of 10pm last night it was at Selkirk Yard, still attached to the inbound train.
 #1038855  by CPSK

roadster wrote:As of 10pm last night it was at Selkirk Yard, still attached to the inbound train.
Back in the day, I would have jumped in my car and chased that train north, probably catching up with it while it stood on a siding. But today, I can't afford the gas or the time, so I just watch YouTube.

It's interesting that, over the past two weeks, I have seen two passenger locos being towed north by CSX. Two weeks ago I caught one of the MBTA locos being returned from Altoona.

NJT's paint is utterly boring. I don't like Amtrak's either. Time for new art!

FW
 #1038951  by roadster

It's not uncommon to arrive and put our engines in the service center at Selkirk and see Commutor train power from various TA's on standby tracks waiting outbound trains. There's been an MBTA unit sitting on the "Hill" track for the past few days along with what appears to be an SW12, and a GP38 from unk. shortlines. Not to forget the rent a wreck fleet which has been crowing around the area over the past few months.
 #1039060  by roadster

It's Westbound on Q621 this morning, enroute to dewitt, then headed North to Massena today.
 #1042675  by CSX Conductor

I remember making two or three roundtrips in a row over the B&A and seeing an MBTA unit collecting dust on the Hill or one of the Litterage tracks.......things move quick...til they hit Selkirk. Lol