Railroad Forums 

• C&D expansion... being fought against by 'Cures' of course.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1220780  by DogBert

http://queenscourier.com/2013/community ... sion-plan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Expansion at Lindenhurst in the works? How much more C&D is there left on the island that isn't traveling by train already?

Sounds like Lindenhurst itself has issues with it, which is the only reason it hasn't happened yet.

Also the article mentions some politician somewhere got $3M to get NY&A a genset. I'll believe it when CSX accepts 9321 for interchange (sarcasm).

I like how 'cures' seems really toned down & resigned to the fact that they'll never fully get their way, and is apparently fond of trespassing at Fresh Pond to get a photo.
 #1220972  by AlKaLI

Dogbert:

Thanks for posting the article. I find it amazing how uninformed these "CURES" people are. Even if One World triples its output from 370 tons/day to 1100 tons/day, that accounts for what? Instead of maybe 4 cars a day to about 12 cars a day? OH MY, "there will be garbage trains running all day and night"

While I am sure they would appreciate the added business, somehow I don't think the NY&A will start another RS train just for another 8 proposed cars a day.
Regards, AlKaLI
 #1221302  by DogBert

Indeed. They also seem to think C&D smells bad - it usually doesn't. Sure it's not flowers but it doesn't usually stink of grim death like MSW does. And all the MSW goes out in sealed containers.

I had to correct one of these cures folks on a different site. They seemed to believe that when LIRR handed Lower Montauk to NY&A, that the property ownership reverted back to neighbors (as if it were abandoned) because there were no passenger trains.

I told this person they probably shouldn't extend their fence over the tracks and install a kiddy pool. And to maybe look into actual facts instead of living in some bizarro fantasy land.
 #1221599  by Tadman

DogBert wrote:Indeed. They also seem to think C&D smells bad - it usually doesn't. Sure it's not flowers but it doesn't usually stink of grim death like MSW does. And all the MSW goes out in sealed containers.

I had to correct one of these cures folks on a different site. They seemed to believe that when LIRR handed Lower Montauk to NY&A, that the property ownership reverted back to neighbors (as if it were abandoned) because there were no passenger trains.

I told this person they probably shouldn't extend their fence over the tracks and install a kiddy pool. And to maybe look into actual facts instead of living in some bizarro fantasy land.
This type of person rarely allows their thought process to be encumbered by facts. They are interested in big scary words because they feel they know better than you, despite your desire to argue based on facts and numbers. Such persons almost killed the SS Badger last year, despite the fact the coal ash discharge is nothing compared to other environmental issues on the great lakes. Such persons also recently killed the re-opening of an NS spur to carry coal trains to a power plant, citing "dangerous trains". Mmmkayyy, the power plant still runs, so now there's dangerous trucks on publicly funded roads. Way to go, brains...