Railroad Forums 

• Brooklyn Navy Yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#38254  by lirrmike

Don't count on Bush Term. The city wants that land and is trying to evict the Cross Harbor. BMT, let me know about what's left at the Navy Yard, I might make a stop there in a couple of weeks.

Mike

#38347  by emfinite

Mike, we should try and head over there on that Friday when we make our next trip to NJ. I'd love to check it out!

#38407  by BEDT16RMLI

There really is nothing left expect a yard or two and the float bridge

#38471  by lirrmike

I know that, but to see what was or might still be there is worth the trip eg. since we will be passing right by.

Mike

#38746  by BEDT16RMLI

try to get in there you need a pass/ photo id, and you will really not find anything from looking in at the fence the yards are far into the back or what is left of them.