Railroad Forums 

• Brightline Destination-Specific Shuttle and Sports Services

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1618365  by Jeff Smith

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... -shuttles/
Brightline introduces new airport, Miami Beach shuttles

MIAMI — Brightline has added to its first- and last-mile service for passengers, Brightline+, by launching fixed-route shuttles to and from Miami International Airport, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, and three locations in Miami Beach.

In other news, the passenger operator announced a new deal for transportation for events at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium, as well as continuing preparations for its expansion to Orlando by beginning 110-mph testing in Florida’s Brevard County.

The shuttle service, which debuted Thursday, March 16, provides direct airport service to and from the two airports to the nearest Brightline station. Miami airport shuttles operate 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. weekdays, and 8 a.m. to midnight weekends; Fort Lauderdale airport shuttles run from 5 a.m. to midnight weekdays and 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, while the Miami Beach shuttles run daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., with stops at Fifth Street and Washington Avenue; 11th Street and Washington, and Lincoln Road and Washington. Shuttles to those locations will depart from Brightline stations 10 minutes after trains arrive.

One-way rides are $10 and do not require an advance reservation. More information is available here.
 #1618630  by JimBoylan

I got a notification pushed to me on Facebook about 1 p.m. on Tues. Mar. 21, 2023. Brightline must be trying to make money:
Attention Baseball Fans ⚾
Due to high demand, we've added another #HomeRunner train arriving at 3:56 PM into MiamiCentral for today's final World Baseball Classic game.
Ride with us & take the complimentary shuttle service to and from loanDepot Park!
 #1624010  by markhb

Having recently booked a cruise out of Port Canaveral, I sympathize with the Brevard County columnist who complained that the county Board of Supervisors didn't get wrangle a station from Brightline during the approval process. Maybe they'll start a shuttle bus as a way to gauge interest, and I understand Brightline wanting to maintain speed on the stretch into Orlando as much as possible, but I would think there would be a lot of interest in service from MCO to the cruise port area, particularly for non-Disney traffic.
 #1624018  by electricron

markhb wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:40 pm Having recently booked a cruise out of Port Canaveral, I sympathize with the Brevard County columnist who complained that the county Board of Supervisors didn't get wrangle a station from Brightline during the approval process. Maybe they'll start a shuttle bus as a way to gauge interest, and I understand Brightline wanting to maintain speed on the stretch into Orlando as much as possible, but I would think there would be a lot of interest in service from MCO to the cruise port area, particularly for non-Disney traffic.
I would like to see a Brightline station near Cocoa for various reasons; cruises, spaceport, and beaches, but where would the best location to site it? I believe the local communities should identify where, along with Brightline’s operations plan.
 #1624494  by markhb

electricron wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:15 pm I would like to see a Brightline station near Cocoa for various reasons; cruises, spaceport, and beaches, but where would the best location to site it? I believe the local communities should identify where, along with Brightline’s operations plan.
I would think either Cocoa itself, or Melbourne to leverage existing links from the airport. I haven't been in that area in decades, though, so I certainly can't offer a specific location.