Railroad Forums 

• Bnsf interview

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1265192  by Ryno91

Hey guys I take my physical capabilities test tomorrow I was told they strap you in a machine and test you then have you run on a treadmill for 20 minutes and then take it again is this true? Or what should I expect and do
 #1265230  by mdr406

I am not sure if CSX, BNSF, and UP are all the same. The machine I was strapped to was called the "Biodex Strength Index." It does not measure how strong you are, but rather how much strength you can exert during certain arm/leg motions. The results of the test are recorded on the computer, and supposedly sent out to be measured. HR will notify you when they receive the final results if you pass. There is a short "stress test" where your heart rate and pulse will be measured. They will likely take your pulse and such multiple times during the evaluation.

When I was tested there was also some short "warm-up" activities, such as step-ups on little plastic steps, nothing big.
 #1265246  by Ryno91

O ok cool I was just wondering what to expect from this test
 #1265271  by militaryhorn

When I did my test, I didn't do any warm-ups or anything. I got in the machine. He worked me through the motions and I did 5 reps for two sets. One for each leg and one for each arm. So, I did 4 sets all together of 5 reps each. He told me it was to set a baseline in case they need to measure me again in the future. I assume it would be used for claims or disability.

Good luck! My status has been updated to "Qualified" on BNSF, so hopefully all I have to do now is wait for that final offer.
 #1602925  by dennis70

i went through interview the 19th of july and got a email stating i was an alternate the 20th so is this pertaining to the next conductor class training