Railroad Forums 

• Belmont boxcar

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #540138  by grumpyoldman

After seeing the boxcar with horse feed "mysteriously" appear and disappear at Belmont for the last couple of months I finally observed NYA making a delivery. Around 9:05 this morning, on my way to JFK I spotted NYA on the Belmont lead on the the bridge over the Cross Island Pky. When I returned around 9:30 there it was in its usual spot.

John

#540408  by Spartan Phalanx

It's almost always a single BNSF boxcar, although occasionally two will get spotted there.

#540712  by phantom

We usually receive only one car at a time. Big Brown needed his food! We have to spot and remove the car before the Belmont Stakes.

#540805  by nyandw

phantom wrote:We usually receive only one car at a time. Big Brown needed his food! We have to spot and remove the car before the Belmont Stakes.
Anyone photo "spot" this delivery?
Steve

#541063  by Spartan Phalanx

Big Brown is running for P.O. Ken Baribault of the Nassau County Police Department's 2nd Precinct. He was critically injured while making a DWI collar on the L.I.E. by another DWI, who struck his RMP on the shoulder of the L.I.E. A share of Big Brown's winnings will go to P.O. Baribault's son's college education. GO BIG BROWN!!!!!!!

#541410  by b&p rupture

phantom wrote:...Big Brown needed his food!...
What? Are you saying there's caviar and prime steaks in that car?.....

#541440  by SwingMan

b/p rupture wrote:
phantom wrote:...Big Brown needed his food!...
What? Are you saying there's caviar and prime steaks in that car?.....

Don't you know why NYA spots cars there? The hay! Thats Big Brown's food supply!

lirr415-Peter

#542480  by Crabman1130

Look in the LIRR board under "some pics" there are a couple of shots of NY&A coming off the belmont spur.