Railroad Forums 

• Bayridge branch operations

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#83860  by Lupo 10

Hey, a follow up question to my earlier one's that started this thread.

What is the "typical" length of a train on the RS-100 when it either leaves Pond or picks up interchange traffic at Bayridge?

#83884  by Legio X

Does this run typically rate two locomotives, or just one?

#84070  by BMT

IIRC a railroad car collector in the south owns them. I could be wrong on this though.

In any event, only God knows why anyone would want them now....they're pretty much wasted away with layers of graffiti and seriously damaged interiors.
 #84095  by BMT

Ops! My prior post was in answer to Dogbert regarding the old LIRR coaches that were originally stored out by the 65th Street floats.

But while I'm on I might as well help to answer Joe's question.

When RS-100 goes down the line (Bay Ridge bound) I notice often there will be two or three engines and an average of 15-30 cars of mixed freight. Two engines are the norm for the shorter consists, and three engines for longer trains (and most certainly whenever the inbound loads consist of trap rock). On an number of occassions RS-100 will return light from Bay Ridge.

#84300  by Lupo 10

Thanks Doug,

You know I've been an armchair modeller for years and will attempt modern day ops on the Bayridge as well as the NYCH Brooklyn side once I have a finished basement to start layout construction.

So obviously I'm trying to get all I can on operations so I can be as prototypical as possible.

Anyone care to shout out a few scenarios a typical RS-100 crew would face?

You're all invited once I have my first open house....LOL

#85888  by rb

Whoa, when is trap rock moved on the Bay Ridge? Where to?