Railroad Forums 

• Baldwin Steam dummys

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#780915  by pennsyboy1962

Hello all I am in search of information on Baldwin Steam Dummys built in or around 1894. I may have found one which was used in my town starting in that year. Are there any available records or blueprints for such engines? I am able to provide a link to view pictures of both of the engines but am most interested in our "Dolly" She was an 040 bearing a build # of 12027 from what I can determine from the Photo. Believe it or not she may still be sitting in someone's back yard about 30 yards from the tracks on which she ran. She ran on a 63' gauge system know as Custer's Steam lines or the Mohnsville-Adamstown Railway. If you were to Google either name you will be taken to a link providing photos of both. Thank you for any help. I would like to restore the engine if I can find enough data on her. I'm sure after being abandoned 100 years ago I will need lots of information and details about her! Thanks Paul
 #806412  by aderolee

While Baldwin only sold a little over 100 VO660s rail-roads tended to favour the design, as could be seen in later models that sold several hundred units. You may also want to consider the book Evolution of the American Diesel Locomotive by author J. Parker Lamb.
 #811973  by GOLDEN-ARM

aderolee wrote:While Baldwin only sold a little over 100 VO660s rail-roads tended to favour the design, as could be seen in later models that sold several hundred units. You may also want to consider the book Evolution of the American Diesel Locomotive by author J. Parker Lamb.
can you explain, exactly, what the hell this has to do with the question asked? seriously.