Railroad Forums 

• B & H Sighting 1-12-06

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#204122  by railwatcher

Got a chance to see the B&H in operation today. Albeit a light engine, #422 heading south into Bath NY at the Campbell Creek crossing. Got some pictures that I'll have downloaded on my site later. Along with this I drove by the Cohocton yard and copped pictures of MNRR #73, B&H4, and a couple of MOW equipment.

Greg

#207274  by railwatcher

Otto,

Tuesday and Thursdays, I think. Seems like I read that somewhere, it's in the back of my mind, in a clouded haze. I got the shots at Bath @ around 10 am.

Matt's discussions of the Hammondsport branch has spurred some interesting talk. Including brush removal and interest in tourist line.
See previous topics.

I had wanted a shot of the B&H for awhile and was surprised to catch #422 running while I was in Bath on business.

I followed the railline north that day, and it surely appears that they havent had a train north of Cohocton in a while. Lots of rust. BTW the Atlanta station looks vacant and has broken windows.

Greg

#207338  by sallenparks

The B&H, Guy's is kind of tricky during the warmer months around 1P.M. or so you can find them near about Campbell during the winter months at about any time day to late afternoon any where but Tuesday's and Thursday's seem to be the norm.Thursday's for sure.

#207399  by Otto Vondrak

My one encounter with B&H was in 2002 when I was driving north on the highway outside of Corning (390? 15? it's been awhile) and seeing B&H head south! The red ex-M&E Alco on one end, and the freshly painted B&H Century on the other!I quickly turned around and beat the train for several fun shots until I ran out of film! It would be easier if I still lived in the area.

-otto-