Railroad Forums 

• ATSF CF7s

• For discussion about the historical operations and preservation of the ATSF, more commonly known as the "Sante Fe", before its merger with Burlington Northern in 1996.
For discussion about the historical operations and preservation of the ATSF, more commonly known as the "Sante Fe", before its merger with Burlington Northern in 1996.
 #124153  by PE1001

I'm doing some drawings in AutoCAD of AT&SF CF7 #2649, the first prototype. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some photos of front and rear end details, preferrably the steps. The drawings I am working with arent completely accurate, and the photos I have and can find arent of the best quality. Thank you to anyone with any information.

Chris

#124733  by AmtrakFan

Chris,
Do you know what happened to the unit?

#124935  by PE1001

No, actually I don't know what happened to it. From the small bit of information I could find, I heard it was sold to Jersey Central and converted back into an F unit, an F3 actually. But I am not so sure that information is accurate.

#125056  by TerryC

I found this info on Qstation. Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2649 ended up as a parts contributor for the rebuilding of two EMD F3 units for the Anthracite Historical Railway Society.
http://www.qstation.org/CF7/index.html
keep asking keep learning

#125108  by PE1001

Wow, thanks, I read through that once before, but I guess somehow I missed that line, that takes away a small bit of the confusion. Does anyone know where I might be able to find more photos, other than the Qstation site?

#125637  by PE1001

Thank you very much. The photos help a bit :-D .

If anyone has any more photos they can share it would be greatly appreciated, speciffically close-ups of details and anything pertaining to unit #2649.
 #154756  by Roland1

Hello ,
a drawing of the locomotive is available in the book :
CF 7 LOCOMOTIVES / From Cleburne to Everywhere by TRP
ISBN 0-9657709-0-7

By the way - I am looking for pictures of RSSX CF7 1802 and 7009

regards
Roland Marx
Germany

#156987  by PE1001

Thanks a bunch, I'll have to look into getting a copy of the book. :-)

#191556  by U-Haul

How are the drawings going PE1001?

#197876  by PE1001

U-Haul wrote:How are the drawings going PE1001?
I havn't had a lot of time to work on them lately, but they are mostly done, they just need a lot of work on the little detail areas. Hopefully I can get some work done on them in a few weeks.