Railroad Forums 

• Any concentration of AEM7s?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1422368  by train2

Are they ere any locations on Septa where you would see more than one AEM7 trainset in a given rush? I get the impression they are spread out with one each on separate lines for use at rush hour. Is there any line that sees multiple trainsets? or do they deadhead anywhere midday that might make make for easier viewing as they move into and out of the layup yard at the end of the rush or beginning of the next?
 #1422388  by R3 Passenger

The Paoli-Thorndale line has more Push-Pull sets than the rest since they are all maintained at Frazer Shops.

Lately Trains 9559 and 9661 have been running as push-pull in the afternoon. If you are going to Temple like Bob had suggested, Train 9257 has also been running push-pull. So, within a span of 3 minutes (4:54 to 4:57), you would see three AEM-7 sets in succession.

But, note that there is still a MARC set with a Sprinter out there that could possibly show up on the Great Valley Flyer (9661).
 #1422425  by MACTRAXX

T2: According to SII's recent post the 7 car MARC set is used on trains 9526/9561.

Another place to watch the SEPTA RRD train "parade" is at the 20th Street portal entrance from
the parkland strip alongside JFK Boulevard. I know Bob is VERY familiar with that location :wink:

MACTRAXX
 #1422442  by rslitman

The West Trenton line has had two push-pull sets in each rush hour since the normal schedules resumed last fall. The morning train numbers are 6321 and 6325. The afternoon ones are 6374 and 6378.
 #1422608  by khecht

MACTRAXX wrote:T2: According to SII's recent post the 7 car MARC set is used on trains 9526/9561.

Another place to watch the SEPTA RRD train "parade" is at the 20th Street portal entrance from
the parkland strip alongside JFK Boulevard. I know Bob is VERY familiar with that location :wink:

MACTRAXX
Note that at the moment there is road construction going on along the westbound lanes of JFK Blvd., so this site might not be accessible right now. I'm not sure how long that road work will continue.
 #1423310  by o484

Temple University during both morning and evening rush hours, as well as North Broad if you wanna see them go by without stopping.