Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by MarkW

Announcing A Special Trip Using the 2200's

Sunday, May 1, 2005 will find a train of 2200's running on the CTA "L" System.

This trip will leave 54/Cermak (Blue Line) at 9:00am and will cover most of the "L" System.
Built in 1969-70, The 2200's are the oldest cars in service on the CTA system and currently run only on the Blue Line. Since being delivered, They rarely ran on lines other then Lake-Dan Ryan and The Blue Line. Almost all of the lines not regularly served by 2200's will be visited. Of special interest is a trip on the Skokie Swift, where until recently, 2200's could not go due to the line not having third rail.

This trip will cover all or part of the following lines:
Douglas, Loop Elevated, State Street Subway, Lake, Englewood, Midway, Skokie Swift, Ravenswood, and Evanston

The fare is $50 which is a bargain these days considering the cost of running a trip like this. This trip will last about 8 hours and will include many photo stops and a lunch stop.

Please mail payment (Made out to Mark Wolodarsky) to:

CTA Charter
C/O Mark Wolodarsky
2403 65th Street
Box # 75
Brooklyn, NY 11204

Please print this flyer and mail with payment. Tickets selling fast. Don't be left out!

For any additional information, Please Email: [email protected]

by metra 613

Very good trip Mark.Hope u do more in Chicago.

by MarkW

I am in the planning stages of another trip. This one will be held in late March or early April. While at this time I can not say what cars will be used, I can say it has the potential of being a FANTASTIC trip. To be placed on a mailing list, Please email: [email protected]

-Mark