Railroad Forums 

• Accepted job for utiliy worker/background check?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1334868  by Jgb56MU

Hey everyone,

I just accepted at job offer for utiltiy worker out of Huntington ,Wv. It's been a little over a week since Ive submitted all background check forms and took my physical/drug screen and strength test. My question is about the background check. When I was 19 I got a DUI. I am 23 now and since then have had nothing on my driving or criminal record. I was just wondering if this would hinder me in getting this job. I have been try to get on the railroad for about five years now and I'm just hoping that a mistake I made when I was younger hasn't affected this opportunity. I didn't not lie about any information on the background forms knowing that trying to hide something is an automatic disqualificaton. I don't remeber the forms asking anything about a DUI but do remember they asked about moving violations in which I marked yes of course. Hopefully you all can help me out a little bit.

Thank you
 #1335547  by COEN77

Not sure but from what I remember on other posts they only go back 3 years. The other issue would be in getting a CDL if it's needed. It's good you didn't hide it because if hired and they found out about it one would be terminated not for the offense but for falsifying an application.