• 4 & 6 car Metro Trains

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Fan Railer

epic fail lol :P
  by rb8888

I frequently see Red Line trains listed on the board as having only 2 cars, but they end up actually having 6 cars. I don't know why this happens.
  by Greg Moore

HokieNav wrote:Also worth noting that PIMS isn't 100% accurate - I've seen 2 and 4 car trains listed on rare occasions that when the train arrived were actually 6 cars long.

I'm sure it's rare, but I wouldn't count seeing it online as definitive proof of 2 or 4 car length.
I even have a photo someplace from Inauguration day showing a 2 car train on the PIMS. It showed up with 8 cars :-)
  by realtype

HokieNav wrote:Also worth noting that PIMS isn't 100% accurate - I've seen 2 and 4 car trains listed on rare occasions that when the train arrived were actually 6 cars long.

I'm sure it's rare, but I wouldn't count seeing it online as definitive proof of 2 or 4 car length.
This happens very frequently on stations near the end of the line. At College Park I've seen 2-4 car trains on the board numerous times.
  by Matt_S

While on the subject of strange info on the boards...

It seems the Blue Line train is going to defy physics and arrive at the same time as the Yellow line! Only to be followed by an out of service less than 60 seconds later!
  by SchuminWeb

That far away, I'll lay you ten to one that one of those trains is going to be held for a schedule adjustment.