Railroad Forums 

• 2014 MNCR locomotive Engineers Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1273384  by Max P

I recently took the locomotive engineers test in May 2014. I was wondering if anyone had received their test results back? But also, I received an email stating that they were about to start a background check. Does this mean that I passed the test? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
 #1278943  by seaned

Thanks Max. Yes I believe you did pass. They stated today if you pass the test you will receive an email regarding the background check process with a link attachment. Good luck.
 #1279449  by DutchRailnut

Does anyone read the job description on advertisements ?? If you can't read that, how will you comprehend a timetable or bulletins ??
 #1279521  by and1jr17

Lmont, to answer your question.. Usually the only way to get this job is to be hired from within the company or already be a qualified engineer from a class 1 railroad. But with this latest job posting they will be hiring off the street if you are a 1.subway train operator, 2.bus driver, 3.truck driver, or 4. Commercial pilot..
 #1291879  by seaned

I have a question. Since receiving the email regarding the background check. Can anyone tell me approximately how long until you would hear back from MN? Also would they get back to you regardless if they are interested or not? Thanks
 #1291964  by truck6018

seaned wrote:I have a question. Since receiving the email regarding the background check. Can anyone tell me approximately how long until you would hear back from MN? Also would they get back to you regardless if they are interested or not? Thanks
There is no set time period. If they are interested you will hear from them. If they aren't, you won't.