Railroad Forums 

• #14 at Curriers (sort of)

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#575227  by Benjamin Maggi

Looks good. If you model in HO scale, there is a company that makes kits for the A&A sandhouse. The name escapes me, but if you search old posts from about a year ago you should come across the one talking about it.
 #575500  by steamfan6325

Technically it's not my layout- it now belongs to the A&A. It resides in a short display case- I'm pretty sure the sandhouse wouldn't fit. Anyway Curriers is represented on 1/2 of the layout and the other 1/2 is woods.
 #576377  by conrail71

Not a big deal I'm just glad I checked this thread, I know when I was a kid and I saw something like a derailed model train in a museum display I would go nuts trying someone to fix it... (i was pretty annoying back then). (i'm not so bad now... :wink: )

Mike
 #576378  by jgallaway81

Conrail.. you meant the lead truck on the model didn't you? I thought you meant on the real 18. Ooops, Silly me!
 #576391  by conrail71

Yup, sorry, the lead truck on the model was derailed, the 1 to 1 scale locomotive was just fine! I posted the trip on my Blog, there's a link down by my signature.

Mike
 #576544  by steamfan6325

conrail71 wrote:Hey, I was just at the ARA today! The lead truck on the locomotive was derailed.

Mike
Where exactly did it derail? The gondola was derailing on saturday at the grade crossing on the opposite side of the layout as the station. I thought it was a problem with the gon- maybe the coupler trip pin catching or something, but if #14 is derailing at the same spot maybe it's a track problem.
This is where the gon was having problems
 #576751  by conrail71

Hey, Ben! We had a good time, next time we'll have to take the kids!
The locomotive was derailed next to the station at the start of the curve, if I remember correctly.

Mike
 #628675  by steamfan6325

Alcophile wrote:Where was the model railroad on Memorial Day Weekend? I went there then and the layout wasn't there.
It didn't exist yet at that point in time. I don't remember exactly when it was "installed", but it was sometime in mid-summer.