Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#712732  by smackfu

I used this train last Friday. Pretty painless, but I do have two comments:

1) The layout of the new Yankees station can get a bit hectic. The theory is that you get your ticket punched, then you look up to the overhead monitors and go down to your track using the stairs on the left or right. The problem was that on Friday, they didn't put the NH line track # up on the monitors until 5 minutes before departure. So people got their ticket punched, looked up at the monitors, and just *stopped* since they didn't know where to go. And the crowds kept coming from the game, and doing the same thing, and it got really, really crowded in the 20 feet between the monitors and the gates.

2) The train they used to come back up the NH line had an uncleaned bar car in it, which was just gross. Bottles and cans everywhere. And not even operating as a bar car, of course.
 #712796  by Terrapin Station

smackfu wrote:I used this train last Friday. Pretty painless, but I do have two comments:

1) The layout of the new Yankees station can get a bit hectic. The theory is that you get your ticket punched, then you look up to the overhead monitors and go down to your track using the stairs on the left or right. The problem was that on Friday, they didn't put the NH line track # up on the monitors until 5 minutes before departure. So people got their ticket punched, looked up at the monitors, and just *stopped* since they didn't know where to go. And the crowds kept coming from the game, and doing the same thing, and it got really, really crowded in the 20 feet between the monitors and the gates.

2) The train they used to come back up the NH line had an uncleaned bar car in it, which was just gross. Bottles and cans everywhere. And not even operating as a bar car, of course.
Yeah, I hate when people stop after passing through turnstiles or doors. Idiots.

That's terrible that the bar car wasn't cleaned up.
 #712850  by RearOfSignal

If you guys want to see crazy, go to the Yankees - 153st station on 9/7/09 Labor Day, Yankees are playing a double header with two gates. Get ready for mayhem. Trains coming going and everything in between.
 #713004  by Jeff Smith

RearOfSignal wrote:If you guys want to see crazy, go to the Yankees - 153st station on 9/7/09 Labor Day, Yankees are playing a double header with two gates. Get ready for mayhem. Trains coming going and everything in between.
Now all we need is that butt-head who was on here a few months ago complaining about it!
 #717707  by The Interloafer

Regarding rail service to Yankees-E. 153rd Street this October:

As of yesterday evening's win, the Yankees became guaranteed to have a spot in the postseason (be it as yet undetermined whether via the wild card or clinching the division). Since they have the best record at this moment with 15 games still to play, and given the postseason schedule, it seems most likely that there will be games at the stadium on October 7 or 8, 9, and, if necessary, 14. Those are all weekdays. It is presently too early to speculate how many days or nights the stadium will be lit up later in the month, and I certainly wouldn't want to jinx anything by making predictions. :wink:

So at this point, it looks like the station will be busy on at least two or three more days (actually, nights) following the last regular season game on Sept. 30.
 #720830  by MNR's #1 Conductor

RearOfSignal wrote:The post-season shouldn't be a problem since all T&E crews are called day of the game to work. The station itself is open year round.
I see you have come to your senses and have returned to the NH Line!! Smart guy!! :-D
 #721128  by Train2009

I went on the New Haven's Yankee Stadium Train service this morning from Greenwich, CT to New Rochelle, New York this train came in after NJ Transit's Game Day train. On the Train a spanish guy who went on from Port Chester but I heard a crew member said "Where are you going?" Spanish Guy: GCT Crew Member"No GCT get off at the Next Station". So the Spanish guy got off in Mamaroneck to take the 11:26 AM Local Train, as I was coming off at New Rochelle a lady was heading to
Yankees Stadium and I told that lady it was the train to Yankees Stadium, then the lady try to stop the train so she got mad
because of it.

Here is the Picture of the train which I went on:
http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/43750 ... 600Q85.jpg
 #780801  by Jeff Smith

I'm coming up for opening day this year, and am either going to take the train from Stamford (likely) or Mamaroneck (maybe, if I'm in the mood for Sal's Pizza or Enzo's Italian). Are they going to use the same schedule as last year? Last year's schedule has been delinked (there was a playoff schedule I found on Google). Will they be issuing a new game-day schedule?
 #780876  by RearOfSignal

The times may change for stations stops but I think the actual stops the clippers make would be the same.
 #792915  by Jeff Smith

Who's ready for opening day?!

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankees/yankee_service.htm
Game Day Service Begins April 13th

MTA Metro-North Railroad offers plenty of direct, fast, convenient "train to the game" service via the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven Lines for weekday 7 PM games, as well as all weekend and holiday games during the season. Frequent Shuttle Service via Grand Central Terminal/Harlem-125th Street is also available for all games: weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
 #793009  by Nasadowsk

RearOfSignal wrote:If you guys want to see crazy, go to the Yankees - 153st station on 9/7/09 Labor Day, Yankees are playing a double header with two gates. Get ready for mayhem. Trains coming going and everything in between.
I'll try to avoid it next time i'm living through 2009....
 #793525  by Train2009

Sarge wrote:Who's ready for opening day?!

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankees/yankee_service.htm
Game Day Service Begins April 13th

MTA Metro-North Railroad offers plenty of direct, fast, convenient "train to the game" service via the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven Lines for weekday 7 PM games, as well as all weekend and holiday games during the season. Frequent Shuttle Service via Grand Central Terminal/Harlem-125th Street is also available for all games: weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
I picked up the 2010 Yankeers "Train to the game" Rail schedule tonight at the White Plains Train Station.
 #794287  by bennsim

the mta expects the ridership for the yankee stadium station to top 1 million customers. i know there is a few extra trains but how would there be 1 million customers in just one season? That would be more than double the ridership last season. Any thougts on this?