Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#973998  by DutchRailnut

believe these days cars are stored in old shop and both engines will go back to powering important trains ;)
 #974086  by SecaucusJunction

DutchRailnut wrote:unless it gets wings, yes.
What they should do is take a local train up the Main Line, switch to a bus at Route 17 and then meet up with their OCS up in Harriman. It will probably take twice as long to accomplish but they will see what their commuters are having to put up with every day...
 #974100  by DutchRailnut

Don't you think they don't know ???????????
you have other solutions, if so voice your opinion at MTA.org or write a note for suggestion box.
If not stop your belley aching, we really don't care about your personal problems or turning each and every tread into the plight of WofH.
 #996111  by SouthernRailway

The holiday train was parked at GCT today at about 12:10pm when I walked through.

Curious as to its consist- I understand that the observation car was Erie Lackawanna, I think, but what about the other 2 cars? It had locomotives on both ends, and there were employees around it, so I didn't want to get too close.
 #996163  by DutchRailnut

MN1 and MN2 are ex Phoebe Snow Tavern Lounges and MN3 The Center car is old NYC car.
 #996221  by railmason357

Today it left GCT after 3pm and went to Harmon with the 231 and the 115. When it left Harmon it had the 106 towing it?
 #1047791  by FL9AC

Expect an inspection train run tomorrow for destinations unknown at this time. Trainset about to leave highbridge yard for GCT. Consist is the 210-219 and all three inspection cars.
 #1050404  by DutchRailnut

we will find out, around time its Flu Season.
 #1068988  by Train2009

P32AC-DM's 217 and 215 were doing this train run today Thursday 08/02.
 #1069553  by Clean Cab

The "Inspection Train" is also know as "The Circus Train" because of all the clowns it transports!!!!