Yankee Stadium Service

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, Jeff Smith, FL9AC

smackfu
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by smackfu » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 am

I used this train last Friday. Pretty painless, but I do have two comments:

1) The layout of the new Yankees station can get a bit hectic. The theory is that you get your ticket punched, then you look up to the overhead monitors and go down to your track using the stairs on the left or right. The problem was that on Friday, they didn't put the NH line track # up on the monitors until 5 minutes before departure. So people got their ticket punched, looked up at the monitors, and just *stopped* since they didn't know where to go. And the crowds kept coming from the game, and doing the same thing, and it got really, really crowded in the 20 feet between the monitors and the gates.

2) The train they used to come back up the NH line had an uncleaned bar car in it, which was just gross. Bottles and cans everywhere. And not even operating as a bar car, of course.

Terrapin Station
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by Terrapin Station » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 pm

smackfu wrote:I used this train last Friday. Pretty painless, but I do have two comments:

1) The layout of the new Yankees station can get a bit hectic. The theory is that you get your ticket punched, then you look up to the overhead monitors and go down to your track using the stairs on the left or right. The problem was that on Friday, they didn't put the NH line track # up on the monitors until 5 minutes before departure. So people got their ticket punched, looked up at the monitors, and just *stopped* since they didn't know where to go. And the crowds kept coming from the game, and doing the same thing, and it got really, really crowded in the 20 feet between the monitors and the gates.

2) The train they used to come back up the NH line had an uncleaned bar car in it, which was just gross. Bottles and cans everywhere. And not even operating as a bar car, of course.
Yeah, I hate when people stop after passing through turnstiles or doors. Idiots.

That's terrible that the bar car wasn't cleaned up.

RearOfSignal
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by RearOfSignal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:42 pm

If you guys want to see crazy, go to the Yankees - 153st station on 9/7/09 Labor Day, Yankees are playing a double header with two gates. Get ready for mayhem. Trains coming going and everything in between.
Hurry up and wait at the signal!

Jeff Smith
Site Admin
Posts: 8486
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:28 am
Location: MP 67.2 Georgia Southern Railway

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by Jeff Smith » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:22 am

RearOfSignal wrote:If you guys want to see crazy, go to the Yankees - 153st station on 9/7/09 Labor Day, Yankees are playing a double header with two gates. Get ready for mayhem. Trains coming going and everything in between.
Now all we need is that butt-head who was on here a few months ago complaining about it!
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

The Interloafer
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: The Bronx

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by The Interloafer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Regarding rail service to Yankees-E. 153rd Street this October:

As of yesterday evening's win, the Yankees became guaranteed to have a spot in the postseason (be it as yet undetermined whether via the wild card or clinching the division). Since they have the best record at this moment with 15 games still to play, and given the postseason schedule, it seems most likely that there will be games at the stadium on October 7 or 8, 9, and, if necessary, 14. Those are all weekdays. It is presently too early to speculate how many days or nights the stadium will be lit up later in the month, and I certainly wouldn't want to jinx anything by making predictions. :wink:

So at this point, it looks like the station will be busy on at least two or three more days (actually, nights) following the last regular season game on Sept. 30.
"Might as well travel the elegant way."

RearOfSignal
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by RearOfSignal » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 pm

The post-season shouldn't be a problem since all T&E crews are called day of the game to work. The station itself is open year round.
Hurry up and wait at the signal!

MNR's #1 Conductor
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: Throg's Neck/Pelham Bay, NY

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by MNR's #1 Conductor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:27 pm

RearOfSignal wrote:The post-season shouldn't be a problem since all T&E crews are called day of the game to work. The station itself is open year round.
I see you have come to your senses and have returned to the NH Line!! Smart guy!! :-D
Railroading is not a career, it's a lifestyle! Railroading........what other life would I wanna live? :-)

Train2009
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: White Plains, New York Westchester County

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by Train2009 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:20 pm

I went on the New Haven's Yankee Stadium Train service this morning from Greenwich, CT to New Rochelle, New York this train came in after NJ Transit's Game Day train. On the Train a spanish guy who went on from Port Chester but I heard a crew member said "Where are you going?" Spanish Guy: GCT Crew Member"No GCT get off at the Next Station". So the Spanish guy got off in Mamaroneck to take the 11:26 AM Local Train, as I was coming off at New Rochelle a lady was heading to
Yankees Stadium and I told that lady it was the train to Yankees Stadium, then the lady try to stop the train so she got mad
because of it.

Here is the Picture of the train which I went on:
http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/43750 ... 600Q85.jpg

Jeff Smith
Site Admin
Posts: 8486
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:28 am
Location: MP 67.2 Georgia Southern Railway

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by Jeff Smith » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm coming up for opening day this year, and am either going to take the train from Stamford (likely) or Mamaroneck (maybe, if I'm in the mood for Sal's Pizza or Enzo's Italian). Are they going to use the same schedule as last year? Last year's schedule has been delinked (there was a playoff schedule I found on Google). Will they be issuing a new game-day schedule?
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

RearOfSignal
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by RearOfSignal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 pm

The times may change for stations stops but I think the actual stops the clippers make would be the same.
Hurry up and wait at the signal!

Jeff Smith
Site Admin
Posts: 8486
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:28 am
Location: MP 67.2 Georgia Southern Railway

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by Jeff Smith » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Who's ready for opening day?!

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankees/yankee_service.htm
Game Day Service Begins April 13th

MTA Metro-North Railroad offers plenty of direct, fast, convenient "train to the game" service via the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven Lines for weekday 7 PM games, as well as all weekend and holiday games during the season. Frequent Shuttle Service via Grand Central Terminal/Harlem-125th Street is also available for all games: weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

Nasadowsk
Posts: 4004
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:45 pm

Re: Yankee Stadium Service to Begin 5/23/09

Post by Nasadowsk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm

RearOfSignal wrote:If you guys want to see crazy, go to the Yankees - 153st station on 9/7/09 Labor Day, Yankees are playing a double header with two gates. Get ready for mayhem. Trains coming going and everything in between.
I'll try to avoid it next time i'm living through 2009....

Train2009
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: White Plains, New York Westchester County

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by Train2009 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Sarge wrote:Who's ready for opening day?!

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankees/yankee_service.htm
Game Day Service Begins April 13th

MTA Metro-North Railroad offers plenty of direct, fast, convenient "train to the game" service via the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven Lines for weekday 7 PM games, as well as all weekend and holiday games during the season. Frequent Shuttle Service via Grand Central Terminal/Harlem-125th Street is also available for all games: weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
I picked up the 2010 Yankeers "Train to the game" Rail schedule tonight at the White Plains Train Station.

nyrmetros
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by nyrmetros » Sun May 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Is the new station really popular?

Terrapin Station
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Re: Yankee Stadium Service

Post by Terrapin Station » Sun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm

nyrmetros wrote:Is the new station really popular?
It's popular.

Return to “MTA Metro-North Railroad and CtDOT Passenger Rail”