Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Tuckahoe-Richland service

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#379228  by Douglas John Bowen

Middle Township posts a "Calendar of Events 2007" on its Web site, which lists township committee meetings, zoning board meetings, and planning board meetings, among other events (and/or other situations, such as holidays).

Access http://www.middletownship.com/Addition% ... 202007.htm for the calendar page, or type "Middle Township, N.J." into one's search engine, then "2007 Calendar of Events" link which is located in the left margin of the township's home page.

#379405  by JJMDiMunno

So, here I go again, having to delete posts because people here choose to personally insult each other in front of the public.

I'll make it very simple for everyone. FACTUAL INFORMATION THAT CAN BE BACKED UP WITH SOME SORT OF PROOF IS WELCOME HERE. Personal insults against other members, or persons who may not be members here, are not. Half of the people you guys are personally insulting are not even members of this site, and therefore can't properly and fairly defend themselves!

To be honest, I don't care if people here talk about the vandalism in Rio Grande. It's a fact of life. As long as there are people on this planet, there will be people who get enjoyment out of destroying other people's property. I highly doubt anyone who posts here regularly was personally responsible for that vandalism. Therefore, is it really necessary to act as if they are?

As you can all see, I left a post above with a newspaper article link and a photo of the vandalism. THIS IS FACTUAL, folks. This is what is there, and no one can deny this. JoeBas, in this case, simply repeated what was said in the article in his comment. He didn't make up something new, based upon a single-side view as people tend to do...

I even left information here about council meetings in case anyone here actually wants to go and make their presence known in a face-to-face manner, like responsible adults.

I'm even going to leave this topic unlocked, because I really have faith that the members here can figure out this policy now. But keep in mind...anything personally insulting to anyone, or any topic here which explores topics of a personal manner which really have no place in a public forum, will be removed. Again.

That's all.

Mike DiMunno

#379467  by David

CMC--I really do not think you want to discuss railroads on this thread. You just want to continue to insult people. Mike Dimunno is one of the best and fairest moderators on here.

#379504  by JJMDiMunno

I will address this in public.

For the record, I do not worship the CMSL. I do not worship any railroad company that exists, anywhere, ever. All of them had their flaws, and will continue to be flawed for all time. BUT...I do believe that all railroads deserve a fair chance...and when someone is putting forth effort to do something good, I think they deserve a shot. That goes for ANY railroad, and there are just some things that I don't feel anyone here has any business to discuss, especially on a forum designed for the PRSL.

Go discuss the politics elsewhere, but good luck anywhere on Railroad.net guys...because there's a reason this site is found at the URL http://www.railroad.net. Because it's about railroads.

I do pride myself at being one of the fairer moderators on this site...and I will give everyone a chance to make their point, but insults are un-necessary, and get no one anywhere at all.

Mike DiMunno

#385213  by PRSLFAN

Are the old pennsylvania railroad passenger cars at Tuckahoe taken from Rio Grande?

#385268  by JJMDiMunno

PRSLFAN wrote:Are the old pennsylvania railroad passenger cars at Tuckahoe taken from Rio Grande?
As far as I know, yes. I believe those cars are now at Tuckahoe...

Mike DiMunno

#385279  by PRSLFAN

I also read somewhere that the CMSL were going to restore the RS3m and some passenger cars at Rio Grande for future service. I also read that the CMSL were planning to repaint the RS3m back to PRR colors.

#385289  by JJMDiMunno

PRSLFAN wrote:I also read somewhere that the CMSL were going to restore the RS3m and some passenger cars at Rio Grande for future service. I also read that the CMSL were planning to repaint the RS3m back to PRR colors.
I believe the RS3m works fine right now mechanically...at least last time I checked, it did.

Would be nice to paint the unit back into PRR colors...at least I'd like to see it, from a historian point of view...

At least the number is historically correct...it was PRR 8481...

Mike DiMunno

#385297  by BrianM

JJMDiMunno wrote:
PRSLFAN wrote:Are the old pennsylvania railroad passenger cars at Tuckahoe taken from Rio Grande?
As far as I know, yes. I believe those cars are now at Tuckahoe...

Mike DiMunno

No. Those cars had been purchased last year and went right to Tuckahoe.

Brian

#385396  by prsl7668

RS-3m hasn't run in a couple of years and will take a lot of work to get it running again.

#386871  by chuchubob

First train into Richland on Saturday April 14, at Main Road:

coming and going

#386898  by PRSLFAN

I think it is a good idea to start their season early to Richland. I also wan't to try to catch their Sea Breeze train and try out the food. And maybe they will push harder to have service return to Cape May also.

#438515  by Aardvark

When one gets off the train in Richland, what is there to do. There's almost an hour between arrival and departure for the return trip. It would be easier convincing my better half to come along if I can find something she's interested in as well.

#438780  by rrbluesman

I recall there being a few shops and restaurants within walking distance on the east side of Richland Station. I have never been in any of them, so I don;t have myuch else to offer you than that I know there were some there the last time I was there. There was also a Model Train Club with a large HO layout, when I was last there I toured the layout, I can't remember whether or not it was an open house or they opened for regular weekend hours.

#438901  by chuchubob

There is usually somebody working at the Patcong Valley Model RR Club on Saturday mornings. Passengers walking in off the train have been known to have been admitted during such times even though the Club isn't formally open to the public on that particular Saturday.

There's a deli/luncheonette across the track from the station where the owners and employees are very pleasant, and the food's OK, too. There's a terrific general store across the street from the deli. For people interested in old fashioned small town general stores, with hunting and fishing supplies as well as hardware store and winemaking equipment and instructions, this is well worth a visit. There's a more upscale restaurant just east of the general store.
I always spend a few minutes photographing the train, too.