Railroad Forums 

• Kerry Campaign Train Equitment deadhead on Train 4 (10)

• Tell us where you were and what you saw!
Tell us where you were and what you saw!

Moderator: David Benton

#42499  by AmtrakFan

The Kerry/Edwards Tour Train Cars will be Deadheading on 4 to KC/CHI the PV's Will be off in KC and eveything esle will be going to CHI also you've got 138 leading the Train. I will be outhere to catch it.

AmtrakFan

#42506  by queenlnr8

Remember... pictures, pictures, pictures!!

Thanks! :D
 #42775  by Gilbert B Norman

Deadheading in this instance means the movement of equipment that is not being used for revenue service in the consist of a passenger train.

The term also is used to describe a railroad operating employee aboard a train (either class of service) who is not on duty.

A freight car in a train without a load is referred to as an empty, or MTY.

A locomotive in the consist of a train (either class) being moved and not providing power is referred to as DIT, or Dead in Tow.

Lastly, our one party state (hey guess what, after numerous false starts, the GOP coughed up a candidate - a conservative African-American talk show host Alan Keyes - to run for US Senate - he doesn't even LIVE here) is not likely to see too much of either major party Presidential candidate, even though they both sure will fly in, schmooze the fat cats, then take the $$$$$ and run.
Last edited by Gilbert B Norman on Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #42983  by Gilbert B Norman

By the time #4(10) passed through Clarendon Hills in line for a 2'45" late arrival at CUS, all that remained of the Kerry train was P-42 138 still shrink wrapped (that surprises me, I thought an effort would have been made to remove it - the charter is over) and six Amfleet Coaches. I would guess that the cars chartered from Rail Cruise America were interchanged to 304 at KCY to be forwarded to their home base in St Louis.

If we wish to discuss campaign trains further, past and present, let's do it over at the Rail Travel Forum.

#42985  by AmtrakFan

Hope that eveyone who saw it thought it was cool; also Mr. Norman or Otto how about we close this thered since it has arrived at CUS?

AmtrakFan
 #42987  by Gilbert B Norman

As topic originator, your wish is my command, Mr. Fan. I am moving this material over to Mr. Benton's Rail Travel Forum where he can make whatever disposition he deems appropriate.
 #42992  by AmtrakFan

Gilbert B Norman wrote:As topic originator, your wish is my command, Mr. Fan. I am moving this material over to Mr. Benton's Rail Travel Forum where he can make whatever disposition he deems appropriate.
Okay Also I thought it was best for the Forum before it turned into Chaos.

AmtrakFan

#43013  by David Benton

no problem , it is welcome and will stay here .
as we now have 3 threads on this train , i would ask that any further material be posted to these threads , rather than start another one .
Although i guess if Mr Bush decides to run a train , that would be worthy of its own thread !
thanks to eveyone for sticking to the train , and not straying too far into politics .

#43548  by AmtrakFan

Joe,
The Pictures look good even with the Sloppy Weather Conditions also haven't got mine Delvoped.

AmtrakFan