Railroad Forums 

• New PRSL site

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#365037  by mitch kennedy

Interesting! The person starting this has this under "Seashore Lines" on Ebay. I saw it, too, and wondered if it was in any way related to the short-lived group of the same name in the late 70's/early 80's. Any takers?

#365186  by glennk419

mitch kennedy wrote:Interesting! The person starting this has this under "Seashore Lines" on Ebay. I saw it, too, and wondered if it was in any way related to the short-lived group of the same name in the late 70's/early 80's. Any takers?
Actually, I think he's just "trying to get the word out."

#365527  by JimBoylan

mitch kennedy wrote:wondered if it was in any way related to the short-lived group of the same name in the late 70's/early 80's.
In other messages, Mr. Lane acknowledged the former existence of the earlier P-RSL Group. He says that this is a new Group.

#365945  by Steam man

What's the skinny on the odd numbered E-6 #1708. I was under the impression all the Seashore Lines engines were of the 60xx number class.

Look here:
http://www.prslhs.com/Steam_Photos/PRSL_E6_1708.jpg
 #365954  by louisfols

Yes-it is revival of old group-but online.

No more info on #1708, could have been PRR #?
Lou

#366177  by mitch kennedy

Regarding the oddball E-6--could it be after a major shopping, it was hooked to a PRSL tender til its regularly assigned tender was completed (or the tender was shopped but NOT the engine?) You're right--all PRSL steam was 6000 series-with them being the original pre-PRSL WJ&S numbers. I'm willing to bet that wasn't a real PRSL unit. Wonder how they handled THAT one on the train sheet... or the orders and "A" card for that matter. Also regarding the PRSL group, I was a "charter member" before it actually convened. Some of you remember a fellow named George, who years ago managed the Lionel section of Ted's Engine House. I signed up thru him, but I don't ever remember a single meeting ever held. I lent my collection, glommed from the aftermath of the Coopers Point office fire, of every piece of original correspondence, from 1950 to 1965 between PRSL, the Budd company, the AAR, and about a half dozen other class-one's interested in PRSL's experience with them . Also were original PRSL press releases, press clippings, and other irreplacable documents. I lent them in good faith and to this day never have seen them. I don't know who kept them or if they were lost or discarded, but needless to say, that's quite a loss! If anyone knows of their whereabouts, please contact me. Thanks!

#366438  by Steam man

Further investigation of the 1708 photo has returned no information, but as Mitch indicated, it could be any manner of goofy stuff the railroads did. However, the search did turn up this nice color photo by Mac Owen taken in 1948 and posted on NE Railfan of the 6092 at the ready in Camden with Reading Company suburban coach in tow.

Note the brasswork all polished up on the bell and number plate

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/prr6092.jpg